PDA

View Full Version : Car Covers...

YNOT
12-07-2006, 07:09 PM
My wife and I were thinking about getting my father-in-law a car cover for his SL500 Mercedes. Any ideas on where I can find a good deal on them? I`ve checked the pricing on Auto Geek, just wondering where else I might be able to check.

Thanks!

Beemerboy
12-07-2006, 07:58 PM
My wife and I were thinking about getting my father-in-law a car cover for his SL500 Mercedes. Any ideas on where I can find a good deal on them? I`ve checked the pricing on Auto Geek, just wondering where else I might be able to check.

Thanks!

I like the Noah ones the best but this is where I have done biz

Wolf Car Covers - Noah Carcover Evolution Wolf Car Truck Covers (http://www.carcoverguys.com/wolf_car_covers.htm?gclid=CPn23-HUgYkCFShkSAodl21S_A)

YNOT
12-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Thanks! Anyone else have any good pricing from anywhere?

CalgaryDetail
12-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Im not sure on price but iwould go through the stealership. it may be a little more but it will be it to your car. Which, trust me, is important when trying to put it on yourself.
Before I got into detailing my dad used to put a cover on it to keep dust off (i know i know i dont need a lecture i kick myself everytime i here it) we had a cheap one that didnt work well so he went to the dealership, and for a few hundred bucks we got one that fit perfectly

Beemerboy
12-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Im not sure on price but iwould go through the stealership. it may be a little more but it will be it to your car. Which, trust me, is important when trying to put it on yourself.
Before I got into detailing my dad used to put a cover on it to keep dust off (i know i know i dont need a lecture i kick myself everytime i here it) we had a cheap one that didnt work well so he went to the dealership, and for a few hundred bucks we got one that fit perfectly

When I got my 328 BMW I got one from the dealership and have to say that it really fit well...however this site that I posted they are made for the cars the one that I got for a buddy`s Porsche fits like a glove

nathansdad04
12-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I have had a NOAH cover for my last two vehicles and love them. I think i paid $200 from autoanything.com(i think). Worth every penny.

7tcbody
12-12-2006, 08:19 PM
If it`s for outside and in CA, go for a Sunbrella cover. They are heavy, but it`s 100% UV proof. Simply the best. If it`s an inside car go for a soft flannel cover.

I`m pretty sure Noah is a type of "waffle-weave" synthetic fabric that is neither the best for inside or outside. If it`s what I`m thinking of, it is irresistable to cats as well. If one gets on top it will start to knead it`s claws and wreck the cover. Lightweight though!

Make sure you show the guy how to use it. I`ve seen all kinds of scratching because people drag the things over the car surface.