PDA

View Full Version : Dryer Balls?

Pages : [1] 2 3

CharlesW
11-30-2006, 10:15 PM
There has been some comment about the use of "Dryer Balls" in the drying of MF towels.
Not the ones that dispense a fabric softener, but the ones that have the protrusions on them that supposedly fluff up whatever is in the dryer with them. A common description says they look like a dog toy.:)

While there was some comment, I wasn`t able to find much in the way of final conclusions regarding how well they actually worked.
I did search, but didn`t have much luck. If anyone can direct me to a thread with more information, I would appreciate it.

Better yet, anyone have any comments as to how they performed for you?
I`m not concerned with reduced drying time, just any improvement in the towels they might give me.

Charles

Pockets
11-30-2006, 10:22 PM
http://www.detailcity.org/forums/detailing-product-discussion-misc/20109-lint-microfiber-cant-get-out.html
Jen had said that It will cut down the lint and static electricity. She dident mention anything about Fluffy towels. Jen do you have anything to say about this.:D

jmillican
11-30-2006, 10:31 PM
I`m not Jen, but my wife has been using dryer balls for about 2 years now and they are great for everything, including mf towels. I see no drawback to their use.

nathansdad04
11-30-2006, 10:50 PM
I expect you`ll get a lot of males checking out this thread expecting advice on something completely different. LOL

budman3
11-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Huh, I have never heard of this product before. I don`t see any reasons how it could hurt MFs at all and chances are it would fluff up the towels...

If I see some in a store I`ll have to try it out...

http://www.asontv.com/images/prod_main/dryer-balls-main.jpg

norahcrv
11-30-2006, 10:52 PM
I`ve been using them for regular laundry & microfibers since last spring & they seem to cut down on the static & improve the drying time. I got them @ Bed, Bath `n Beyond for @ $7.00 for the pair.
I have not noticed any ill effects on any of my microfibers & they seem "plenty fluffy" :)

CharlesW
11-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Pockets:
I think Jen`s post in that thread was passing on some of the advertising info, not her actual experience with them.
They aren`t very expensive, so I`ll have to see if I can find some.

With two out of two users, (Norah and jmillican), being satisfied with them, they seem worth a try.
Do we have a consensus of opnion on a preferred brand or are they basically all the same?

Charles

SpaceAce
11-30-2006, 11:57 PM
I use them regularly in with my MF towels and they work fine. My wife doesn`t think they work all that great for regular laundry, but I think they work fine instead of having to use fabric softeners (especially since fabric softeners and MF are not meant for each other). I like the dryer balls with MF towels, makes them a bit fluffier/softer.

norahcrv
12-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Mine are the same brand (DryerMax) as those pictured by budman3. They are all that I`ve seen in the stores hereabouts.

Pockets
12-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Pockets:
I think Jen`s post in that thread was passing on some of the advertising info, not her actual experience with them.
They aren`t very expensive, so I`ll have to see if I can find some.

With two out of two users, (Norah and jmillican), being satisfied with them, they seem worth a try.
Do we have a consensus of opnion on a preferred brand or are they basically all the same?

Charles

Sorry about that:cool:

crobinso
12-01-2006, 09:50 AM
I expect you`ll get a lot of males checking out this thread expecting advice on something completely different. LOL

Dayam, someone beat me to it. :smile

Every time I see this subject, I get a chuckle.

"Is [subject] required for proper detailing?"
"What would happen if I had [antithesis of subject] while detailing?"

I could post 1,000 more, but then the mods would have to delete my post.

Charles :santa1

Pockets
12-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Huh, I have never heard of this product before. I don`t see any reasons how it could hurt MFs at all and chances are it would fluff up the towels...

If I see some in a store I`ll have to try it out...

http://www.asontv.com/images/prod_main/dryer-balls-main.jpg

there are theses(above) and there are theses(below) which ones are better to use:confused:

CalgaryDetail
12-01-2006, 02:57 PM
I have used the dryer balls befofre, with both mf and regular clothes. I wasnt very impressed. I dont think performed to the standards. To tell you the truth i didnt notice any diffrence, they just made loud noises in my dryer

CharlesW
12-01-2006, 03:26 PM
there are theses(above) and there are theses(below) which ones are better to use:confused:I have no idea, but I hope the ones that Budman3 posted the picture of will be OK.
That`s the ones I just bought.:)
Given the temperatures in our area now, I won`t be needing to wash many MF towels for some time. At least we missed the ice and snow.

Charles

chml17l
12-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I just don`t see how a "spikey dog`s toy" is really going to make my laundry more fluffy and help clothes dry any quicker. My dryer has built in paddle wheels that would seem to better accomplish separating the clothes as it tumbles. I think this is just a marketing idea to try to lighten your wallet that has no real basis in fact.