PDA

View Full Version : trailer progress

Pages : [1] 2

shadybreal
11-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Here are a couple pics I took last night of my trailer. I`m currently getting it ready to use once I go full-time. I`m putting commerical tile in it tonight. It`s going to be gray and white checkerboard. I`m also going to change the baskets on the door to 3 on top and 3 on bottom.

BLUELINE 1
11-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Looking good! What size is your water tank?

budman3
11-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Looking really good. Congrats on the setup! Are you planning on centering the tank in the middle of the trailer? That seems like a lot of weight to put on one side...

shadybreal
11-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Looking really good. Congrats on the setup! Are you planning on centering the tank in the middle of the trailer? That seems like a lot of weight to put on one side...

I haven`t decide yet where to put it. I`m know it`s going to be positioned over the axle, but I don`t know if it`s going to be long ways or side ways. I`m getting some angle iron welded together to make a table for it to sit on so the tank w/ sit about a foot higher than the floor.

shadybreal
11-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Looking good! What size is your water tank?

110 gallon

Tex Star Detail
11-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Mount it over the axle. Do not mount it long ways, long from front to rear. Mount it side to side.
If it it front to rear, then the water will be going back and forth in the tank, and that isn`t good for the tranny over time

shadybreal
11-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Mount it over the axle. Do not mount it long ways, long from front to rear. Mount it side to side.
If it it front to rear, then the water will be going back and forth in the tank, and that isn`t good for the tranny over time

Thanks for the advice. I figured that would be best, but I just want to make sure I have room to get by the tank if I need to. It looks like I should have about 1.5 feet on either the right side w/ the tank all the way over to the left.

Mikeyc
11-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Very nice! Enclosed trailer is definitely the way to go. You don`t have to worry about anything blowing away and it`s harder to steal your stuff.

shadybreal
11-30-2006, 08:02 AM
Here a couple more pictures of my trailer. I put the tile in last night and also picked up my pressure washer yesterday. Pressure Pro model 2400 PSI 3GPM, Honda 5.5hp, General Pump w/ by pass to tank. I`m going to paint the interior walls of the trailer white this weekend or first of next week.

Tex Star Detail
11-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Looking Sweeeeeet.

I am digging that floor! Looks like I need to go aout and buy one, My line froze this morning on my pressure washer...lol.....freaking cold weather.

shadybreal
11-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Looking Sweeeeeet.

I am digging that floor! Looks like I need to go aout and buy one, My line froze this morning on my pressure washer...lol.....freaking cold weather.

Thanks! I hope to have it finished by the first of the year.

Pockets
11-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Are you going to put any shelves up on the sides??

shadybreal
11-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Are you going to put any shelves up on the sides??

Yes, but I`m not what type yet. I want everything be secure when I`m pulling downt the road. I`m thinking of doing some shelves w/ about 2 inch lip around the edges to hold my plastic containers (towels, PC, etc.) You got any suggestions?

dr_detail
11-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Lookin good!!
I would suggest fabing a side door, allowing for access in front of the tank. I would also suggest that the water tank be mounted 2/3 forward of the axle. This compensates for the weight of the generator, pressure washer, reels, hose, compressor, etc. when the tank is below 1/2 -- it`ll also help in being able to move it around when it`s not hooked up to a trailer even with a full tank. ;) PM me and I`ll send ya some pic`s of my 4x6 enclosed showing some of the little custom things that make my job easier -- like exhaust through the floor, electric brakes, pressure washer vents and custom 18x24 side door.

If ya don`t mind, how much are you into this trailer ($$$)?

shadybreal
11-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Lookin good!!
I would suggest fabing a side door, allowing for access in front of the tank. I would also suggest that the water tank be mounted 2/3 forward of the axle. This compensates for the weight of the generator, pressure washer, reels, hose, compressor, etc. when the tank is below 1/2 -- it`ll also help in being able to move it around when it`s not hooked up to a trailer even with a full tank. ;) PM me and I`ll send ya some pic`s of my 4x6 enclosed showing some of the little custom things that make my job easier -- like exhaust through the floor, electric brakes, pressure washer vents and custom 18x24 side door.

If ya don`t mind, how much are you into this trailer ($$$)?

PM Sent!