PDA

View Full Version : Waxing a Motorcycle??

stang03
11-26-2006, 05:51 PM
I just purchased a new 2006 cbr600rr in pearl orange. I am wanting to detail it so that I can get it looking real nice and deep, is it okay to use a pc7424 with natty`s?? I was unsure because it has graphics. Here is a pic for reference:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l122/ABstang04/2006%20CBR600RR/Photoshop01.jpg

Any tips let me know!!

Thanks

CharlesW
11-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Considering how little area will be accessible to the PC without going over the graphics, I would just do it by hand. I have never used Natty`s, but it most likely is a wipe on, wipe off product and being a paste, the PC seems like it would just take extra time and effort.
Personally, I wouldn`t bother with the PC for any paste on any vehicle other than possibly a bus. :)

Charles

stang03
11-26-2006, 06:29 PM
What is a good motorcycle wax?? I figured natty`s would work ok?

budman3
11-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Natty`s will be fine. S100 is a motorcycle wax but Natty`s will give you more gloss, IMO. If you already have it, awesome.

BUT... if you are planning on ordering products, think about throwing in a bottle of OCW. You can still wax with Natty`s and then hit the paint with some OCW as a boost to it. Or you could even spit shine the Natty`s with OCW for an unbelievable look :). Let me know if I confused you at all.

Oh ya, you could use the PC but doing things by hand on motorcycles are much easier.

CharlesW
11-26-2006, 07:25 PM
What is a good motorcycle wax?? I figured natty`s would work ok?
Natty`s would probably be great, but I really have no experience with it.
My comments were only in reference to the PC.
Actually, I rarely apply any LSP with the PC. It`s a polishing/prep tool for me and it is great for that.

Charles

stang03
11-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Natty`s will be fine. S100 is a motorcycle wax but Natty`s will give you more gloss, IMO. If you already have it, awesome.

BUT... if you are planning on ordering products, think about throwing in a bottle of OCW. You can still wax with Natty`s and then hit the paint with some OCW as a boost to it. Or you could even spit shine the Natty`s with OCW for an unbelievable look :). Let me know if I confused you at all.

Oh ya, you could use the PC but doing things by hand on motorcycles are much easier.

Yeah I will prob end up doing it by hand i just don`t have any applicators, so I guess I will have to order some. I don`t trust the ones from a local auto parts store.

I have been touching it up for the past few days with S&G, this is my favorite quick detailer that I use on my car.

I also have some P21S which I heard was like S100, would that work better??

budman3
11-26-2006, 07:37 PM
P21S and S100 are the same. For the color I think Natty`s would be superior. I find the P21S/S100 better on metallics to make them `pop`.

If you find some Meguiar`s Yellow foam applicatior (about $1 ea) pick some of those up. They`ll be fine :).

Edit- I forgot to mention this before, nice bike!!!
:rockon

CharlesW
11-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Yeah I will prob end up doing it by hand i just don`t have any applicators, so I guess I will have to order some. I don`t trust the ones from a local auto parts store.

I have been touching it up for the past few days with S&G, this is my favorite quick detailer that I use on my car.

I also have some P21S which I heard was like S100, would that work better??Wal*Mart has Meguiar`s foam applicators and Auto Zone has Viking foam applicators. I have several of each and both are of good quality. I prefer the Viking, but only because it has a handle formed in the foam.
P21S would also work good. Maybe you might want to try the Natty`s and the P21S in a couple different areas to see which you like better.
S100 is probably my favorite carnauba and if P21S works as good as the S100, I think you will be happy with it..

Charles

CharlesW
11-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Your P21S probably has an applicator with it. My S100 did.

Charles

stang03
11-26-2006, 07:51 PM
P21S and S100 are the same. For the color I think Natty`s would be superior. I find the P21S/S100 better on metallics to make them `pop`.

If you find some Meguiar`s Yellow foam applicatior (about $1 ea) pick some of those up. They`ll be fine :).

Edit- I forgot to mention this before, nice bike!!!
:rockon

I know it is hard to see in the pics...but this bike has a ton of metallic in it. But you only see it when the sun is on it....so I might just try the P21S?? Or heck like Charles said I can just try both and see which one looks better.

Thanks for the help guys!

P.S. Budman, thanks for the compliments!

budman3
11-26-2006, 08:14 PM
It`s easy enough to try and see what works better for you. I bet that metallic looks awesome in the sun. I`ve seen a few Screaming Eagle Harley`s with yellow metallic paint and it looked sweet.

You`re lucky to have paint on your bike to shine up... plastic doesn`t shine up too good :cool: I`m in the process of turning my drz400 into Supermoto form :)

sillywilly88
11-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Your P21S probably has an applicator with it. My S100 did.

Charles

PS21 definitely has an appliator although very small and thin. It is gray color and looks a bit like a fine pore sponge.

stang03
11-26-2006, 09:47 PM
It`s easy enough to try and see what works better for you. I bet that metallic looks awesome in the sun. I`ve seen a few Screaming Eagle Harley`s with yellow metallic paint and it looked sweet.

You`re lucky to have paint on your bike to shine up... plastic doesn`t shine up too good :cool: I`m in the process of turning my drz400 into Supermoto form :)

That will be sweet!

Pockets
11-27-2006, 09:43 AM
AWSOME BIKE MAN!!!! THE GRAPHICS AND COLOR ARE SWEEEET! Wish I had that bike.:cool: I also like the black and white background it really accents the bike. Great picture skills!