PDA

View Full Version : My Wife had a Car Care Breakthrough

jsfofec
11-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Since I started to get addicted to detailing in April, I`ve been trying to explain to my wife the do`s and don`ts about taking care of the car. She usually doesn`t notice things.

Last night we had to stop off at the UPS store, so I drove up behind a brand new black Mercedes SUV. I told my wife, "you see what`s wrong with that Mercedes?" and she answered, "the swirls".

I couldn`t believe it, she actually noticed the swirls. Usually she would say that it`s a nice car, or it`s shiney or something, but her eye went right to the swirls.

I was actuallly shocked that a brand new Mercedes could have so many swirls, it looked horrible. My wife even asked if that car was new, because the swirls were so bad, it looked old, but it was a new car. Mercedes are suppose to have hard paint, the owner must wash the car with sandpaper or something.

Kelso
11-23-2006, 12:40 AM
hard paint? german cars have softer paint ive ben told. corvettes have hard clear coat

CalgaryDetail
11-23-2006, 12:52 AM
All i can think of as husband traing. Normaly its the wife try to train the husband, could this be the reverse. What is the world comming to

and yes this is all a joke.. i dont mean any of it literly

jsfofec
11-23-2006, 09:20 AM
All i can think of as husband traing. Normaly its the wife try to train the husband, could this be the reverse. What is the world comming to

and yes this is all a joke.. i dont mean any of it literly

I think I`m training...maybe she`s making me think I`m teaching her, but she`s really teaching me...I need to think about that

JaredPointer
11-27-2006, 08:35 AM
hard paint? german cars have softer paint ive ben told. corvettes have hard clear coat

That`s not always true. Some German cars have a harder clearcoat (ceramiclear I believe).

Brace1
11-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Since I started to get addicted to detailing in April, I`ve been trying to explain to my wife the do`s and don`ts about taking care of the car. She usually doesn`t notice things.

Last night we had to stop off at the UPS store, so I drove up behind a brand new black Mercedes SUV. I told my wife, "you see what`s wrong with that Mercedes?" and she answered, "the swirls".

I couldn`t believe it, she actually noticed the swirls. Usually she would say that it`s a nice car, or it`s shiney or something, but her eye went right to the swirls.

I was actuallly shocked that a brand new Mercedes could have so many swirls, it looked horrible. My wife even asked if that car was new, because the swirls were so bad, it looked old, but it was a new car. Mercedes are suppose to have hard paint, the owner must wash the car with sandpaper or something.

I pointed out the swirls on a black high-end European car (don`t remember what vehicle it was, going a few months back) we were driving behind and my wife just called me a car geek. Yeah, whatever :bubba

hooked
11-27-2006, 08:34 PM
There`s Hope!!! My wife has been driving my car instead of the van to help lower our gas bill. She`s been oblivious to the enemies of car paint (bird bombs, water spots, etc.) and I usually have to go out there in the evening to clean them up. Lately, I`ve been noticing some direct hit water spots due to sprinklers. I explained the prolonged effect of the water spots and she finally saw the light because the other day she told me that she tried to avoid sprinklers that were spraying on the road, but some hit the car. Bless her heart!!!

CalgaryDetail
11-27-2006, 11:49 PM
There`s Hope!!! My wife has been driving my car instead of the van to help lower our gas bill. She`s been oblivious to the enemies of car paint (bird bombs, water spots, etc.) and I usually have to go out there in the evening to clean them up. Lately, I`ve been noticing some direct hit water spots due to sprinklers. I explained the prolonged effect of the water spots and she finally saw the light because the other day she told me that she tried to avoid sprinklers that were spraying on the road, but some hit the car. Bless her heart!!!

ask your wife if she wil marry me :yay .. ok ok im kiding, I would never get in the way of a man and his wife. Not my thing

I wish I had a signifgant other like that.. everyone I date seams to have a car that looks like meals on wheels