PDA

View Full Version : Air Mover for drying exterior?

shadybreal
11-21-2006, 02:42 PM
I know a lot of people use leaf blowers to help remove some of the water on the outside of the vehicle, but I wonder how an air mover might work? Do they have more force than a leaf blower? It seems like the air would hit a larger surface of the car.

Bradley

onemeanmachine
11-21-2006, 02:58 PM
That`s funny, I just finished posting to your other thread about drying that I use a blower and then the next thread I see is about blowers! Seems like you`re thinking in the right direction to solve your other problem already!

I`m actually not familiar with air movers, so I can`t really help except that I actually like the fact that my blower only hits a small area of the car. Reason being, I want to push the water off, and not dry the water on the car creating spots. If the air movers you speak of hit a larger surface area I`d imagine the air flow wouldn`t be as forceful and possibly just dry more spots on the car than actually push the water off. Just my thoughts on the subject, but I`m sure someone who`s actually familiar with air movers will chime in and clear this up.

budman3
11-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Probably wouldn`t work the way you want it to.

Take the nozzel off the hose and flood the surface of the car with water and the water should sheet right off of the car. It`ll work even better if the surface is well cared for. Then follow up with a WW towel or two. I take it to the next step and have a blow gun hooked up to an air compressor to make sure all of the water is out of the nooks and crannies of the car.

I tried the leaf blower thing and I didn`t care for it. It just spread the water out and didn`t do that good of a job. I assume the the air move would be worse because leaf blowers are much stronger IMO.

AL-53
11-21-2006, 03:44 PM
I use a leaf blower to dry my truck...does a great job...blow off roof..mirrors...grill..door jambs....panels..and then do a quick wipe with a WW towel to get what little is left..I bought a cheap Toro 220MPH blower just for doing cars..I have a gas one..but to heavy for car use...

it is nice as it blows the water out of the trim...roof racks..all crevices...

AL

jlift
11-21-2006, 04:53 PM
I too use a leaf blower (electric) for my truck. It`s the only time I use it. But I do need to buy a new indoor/outdoor vac. and I really like the Craftsman 6.5hp because apparently the top part can be disconnected and be used as a portable 265 mph blower! how cool is that. I think that the vac. is around $99 at sears. I gonna check it out. Just go to sears.com and do a search on "shop vac".

:smile