PDA

View Full Version : Wowo

Pages : [1] 2

CalgaryDetail
11-14-2006, 12:54 AM
I know alot of people like to create wax lists. Most are just a list in gerneral so people can get and idea of whats out there.
I am an avid WOWO user, i actully done use any other waxes becasue i have found that wowo waxes are alot eaiser to use once you know how, as well as I find the results to be better (just my opion)

So i have tried a few WOWO waxes however I am alaways looking for more as im sure othere are. So I thought it would be a good idea to start a list of wowo waxes becasue they are diffrent and somtimes when buying its hard to tell (when you buy online)

So i will start the list with the ones I have tried:

Zymol (all except the cheap one as far as I know)

Soverigen (sp)

Victoria wax (im refering to the red, i havent used the others in a while but i am going to assume there the same)

well thats it lol, its a short list so hopefully people can make the list bigger for product-a-holics like myself (and many others here on DC)

Thank you for your knwoledge

rabbi
11-14-2006, 02:49 AM
Natty`s both blue and white.

CalgaryDetail
11-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Natty`s both blue and white.

both are good waxes but they arnt wipe on wipe off, they are more of wipe on let haze for 15 minutes then wipe off. Although good waxes (and I have a few jars of each) not righ for this thread

shadybreal
11-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Sorry, but what is WOWO? Thanks!

shadybreal
11-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Wipe on Wipe off? Just thought about it.

Poorboy
11-14-2006, 10:18 AM
both are good waxes but they arnt wipe on wipe off, they are more of wipe on let haze for 15 minutes then wipe off. Although good waxes (and I have a few jars of each) not righ for this thread

actually many people use the spit shine method with both of the Natty`s and do WOWO ..without the waiting ;)

BLUELINE 1
11-14-2006, 10:27 AM
actually many people use the spit shine method with both of the Natty`s and do WOWO ..without the waiting
I would be one of those people. I haven`t tried any of the others that you have mentioned, but I will in near future.

ashsarna
11-14-2006, 10:51 AM
I would include:

s100/P21s,

swissol (like zymol)

CG 5050 - my favorite CG 5050. Personally, I do a couple of panels before wiping off (its sooo versatile that way).

soft99 and surluster - Not tried them, but I believe they make the list.

Spit shining can be done on any wax, imo. And I actually do that to all, but these two can be applied wowo without having to ss.

shadybreal
11-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Someone want to explain the spit shine method?

Mr. Clean
11-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail

actually many people use the spit shine method with both of the Natty`s and do WOWO ..without the waiting ;)

Surprise, surprise, a Poorboy`s product that is versatile:D Seriously though...is there an "official" Poorboy`s recommended method of application? I was under the impression that method was application/haze/remove........repeat until empty (j/k you know I couln`t be serious)

Mr. Clean
11-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Sorry, but what is WOWO? Thanks!

Someone want to explain the spit shine method?

shadybreal, DetailCity has a wealth of information. I suggest that you do a bit of research (reading) and you`ll be surprised to find that many of your questions have been asked (and answered) many times before.

Your first question is covered in a very nice acronym list assembled by jaybs95 and coincidentally currently resides just 6 threads below this one. Using the easy to use search function yielded a couple of pages including two threads by beemerboy using the term "spit shine" in the thread subject title.

black bart
11-14-2006, 12:49 PM
If you don`t mind paying 80 bucks for a small jar of wax Pinnacle Souveran is the best WOWO that I have used but I never have used the mega Buck Zymol wax.
I would consider DG 105 as a WOWO because when I apply it all the way around the car then I go to the starting point and wipe it off.
I know that is not what you are referring to but it is faster than changing towels all the time to remove a wax.

Poorboy
11-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Surprise, surprise, a Poorboy`s product that is versatile:D Seriously though...is there an "official" Poorboy`s recommended method of application? I was under the impression that method was application/haze/remove........repeat until empty (j/k you know I couln`t be serious)

LOL .... I think it really is up to the user. I prefer to do at least a couple panels or half a vehicle before removing, but when you are standing in 90+ heat and might want to take breaks often, I tend to find myself using the spit shine method and doing smaller sections at a time. Either way I`ve seen great results :)

rabbi
11-14-2006, 02:56 PM
I really want to say something but I`m staying out of it.Let the thread continue!

CalgaryDetail
11-14-2006, 03:03 PM
I really want to say something but I`m staying out of it.Let the thread continue!

Come on let us know.. we want to know :cool:

but what i was refering to when I say WOWO are the waxes that are designed speficly to be used that way. I know in thoery any wax can be used WOWO as well as spit shined hover that is not the "designated" way of using it.

The big one that poeple would know is soviegn. You apply to one panel (or a few but really 1 at a time) and wipe off. It only need like 30 seconeds to set. This is what the wax was ment to do. As far as i know it wasnt ment to haze and then be buffed off. Hope this clears some things up