PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Visor Label Removal???

Beemerboy
11-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Anyone have success with taking off the labels that are on the sun-visors these days....seems like those are glued on to stay...I can understand why but on some of the real nice cars they look crappy...

I gave thought to a heat gun, or a solvent that might lift it...anyone???

Wish I had a pratice one to play with

derekbmw
11-10-2006, 04:24 PM
It was the first thing I did when I got my car. Here is a post that might help you.
"I removed my visor airbag warnings with goof off. It worked like a champ. Just put goof off on a cotton ball or cue tip and rub it on the sticker, a small section at a time. When the sticker wrinkles up it can be peeled off."

I didn`t notice any residue left, or where the sticker used to be...:)

Beemerboy
11-10-2006, 05:26 PM
It was the first thing I did when I got my car. Here is a post that might help you.
"I removed my visor airbag warnings with goof off. It worked like a champ. Just put goof off on a cotton ball or cue tip and rub it on the sticker, a small section at a time. When the sticker wrinkles up it can be peeled off."

I didn`t notice any residue left, or where the sticker used to be...:)

Thanks allot for the advice will try it on someone else car....just kidding

Scott P
11-11-2006, 09:17 AM
I removed the stickers on my car without too much of a problem. There wasn`t any residue left behind, but the stickers themselves pulled off some fibers and you can see somewhat where the sticker ws at aone time.

Beemerboy
11-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks again I want to take mine off just not brave enough (yet) to try it on mine:)

I may go to the pick and pull and get one there to practice on

awd330
11-11-2006, 01:55 PM
I tried the Goof Off process on a friend`s sun visor a few years ago. It worked very well. I haven`t tried it on any of my car`s because I don`t mind having the visible warnings.

[An always prudent piece of advice would be to test it on a small inconspicuous place first.]