PDA

View Full Version : Length of time?

shadybreal
11-08-2006, 02:51 PM
I tried searching older posts before i made this post, but i wasn`t able to find what i was looking for. I curious to know how long it takes most of you to do the following jobs: My time will be beside each one. Using a small suv or large car for examples.

Exterior wash/dry: 40 mins
Basic wash in/out: 1 hr
Basic wash in/out & quik detailer: 1:15
Wash/Wax: 1:45
Exterior Detail: 2:30
Interior Detail: 2:00
Full Detail: 3:00

Thanks for the input!

Bradley

BLUELINE 1
11-08-2006, 03:06 PM
What do you mean by full detail? When I do a full detail on a large car it can take me up to 6 hrs. I wish I could do one in three hours. Some of your other times look about like the average time.
Full Detail;
wash
clay
polish/paint correction-this sometimes can take hours
lsp
wheels- I spend a lot of time in this area
interior- also takes me a while when carpets need good cleaning

Stephan
11-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah full details for me take quite a bit of time. I just did a Murano, not my own and it took me about 5.5 hours, alot of inside and outside work needed.

budman3
11-08-2006, 03:13 PM
For the most part you seem to be on the right track, or atleast until you get to your exterior detail. The 2 1/2 hours you laid out doesn`t include washing and drying right??? And the full detail I assume is exterior plus interior but my math on that would be 4 1/2 hours by the ones you listed not 3 hours. Most of my full details (same as blueline) takes about 4-5 hours.

You could technically wash and dry a car in 20 minutes (no wheels and tires) but I`d rather take the time to blow out all of the crevices with a blow gun so I won`t have any water drips. Once you start doing this a lot (practice makes perfect) you`ll get a better understanding on how long it takes YOU and then you can plan accordingly.

shadybreal
11-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Yes I guess my times were a little confusing. How`s this?

Exterior Detail: 3:00
Interior Detail: 2:00
Full Detail: 5:00 - 6:00

Wetwerks
11-08-2006, 03:35 PM
your times sound about right. Then again I`ve done a full detail on a Tahoe in 4 hrs.....and 8hr on another :surrender . It will really depend on the condition of the vehicle, and what services you are getting paid to provide.

Walter
Co-owner

shadybreal
11-08-2006, 03:41 PM
I was hoping I was doing them slower than the rest, and I was going to ask for some tip/tricks to speed up my times. Oh well!

Larry A
11-08-2006, 03:58 PM
A pro I know takes 3 1/2 to 4 hrs to do a full detail, of course he has been doing it for 15 years. Sometimes he is faster sometimes slower. Sometimes he has to do show car detailing, which means you polish the undercarrage.