PDA

View Full Version : 2007 BMW clearcoat

2drtahoez71
11-06-2006, 10:36 PM
I recently picked up my 2007 BMW 335i.

I was about to order some products, when i came across these links that mentions 2005+ European car makers are using a different type of clearcoat, and mentions Mercedes, but does not mention BMW. I was wondering if possibly my BMW also has this new clearcoat?

Menzerna PO106FF Ceramic Clear Coat Polish (http://www.properautocare.com/pofornececlc.html)
Polishing Pads for German Vehicles (http://www.properautocare.com/grgipopadfor.html)
BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Compound (http://www.properautocare.com/blscreclco.html)

BLACKWRX
11-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Thats a really nice car, please post some picks, its the best coupe you can buy, i love that car.....if you just bought the car your not going to need the compounds and polishes, yet, definately give it a good waxing, use proper washing techniques and you should be good for the next one or two months (before another wax)..... after several months you may develope swirls, at which time you may want to use the above products....... i personal swirl remove / polish my car twice a year and wax about once a month or every few weeks.....the products you mentioned look really good, try them out and let us know.......PLEASE post picks of you car

2drtahoez71
11-06-2006, 11:41 PM
here is the thread i started at bimmerfest. My sn is suareezay over there.
my 335i PC delivery - bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2005614&posted=1#post2005614)

BLACKWRX
11-15-2006, 04:11 PM
i like the interior color ..... enjoy it man

Beemerboy
11-15-2006, 04:32 PM
I don`t know much about the clear, being softer than other years....Having driven BMW`s for some time, I would recommend the following on a new car

wash, clay, polish then seal / wax or both.

There is a fair amount of crap that gets on that paint from shipping, the clay will take that off...polishing will take off any swirls that you might have from the dealership and the rest is just good protection

I would also invest in some good car wash soap and the tools like a good natural lamb mitt or foam one...some micro fiber towels for reducing down the friction while drying...they have made a huge difference in keeping my black BMW looking great and mines a 99

zilla
11-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Nice pickup... :)

2drtahoez71
12-01-2006, 03:51 PM
I don`t know much about the clear, being softer than other years....Having driven BMW`s for some time, I would recommend the following on a new car

wash, clay, polish then seal / wax or both.

There is a fair amount of crap that gets on that paint from shipping, the clay will take that off...polishing will take off any swirls that you might have from the dealership and the rest is just good protection

I would also invest in some good car wash soap and the tools like a good natural lamb mitt or foam one...some micro fiber towels for reducing down the friction while drying...they have made a huge difference in keeping my black BMW looking great and mines a 99
oh i got all this down, i used to detail...i was just asking in this thread if the BF polish was suitable for non-SR clears. thanks anyway though:bigups:

btw...are those 5ers both yours?

Beemerboy
12-01-2006, 04:01 PM
oh i got all this down, i used to detail...i was just asking in this thread if the BF polish was suitable for non-SR clears. thanks anyway though:bigups:

Glad the I could help

The black on is mine the white was a neighbor from my old hood, I was doing a detail for him and thought that the salt and pepper pic was in order....LOL

Mikeyc
12-01-2006, 04:48 PM

You can definitely use the the BF polish or the Menzerna P106FF on non-ceramic clear coats. If you read CMA`s website you`ll see that they`ve retracted their original comment that they are only suitable for ceramiclear.

Kelso
12-01-2006, 06:56 PM
dude id love to have that car! 335 is a big step in the right direction for bmw i think. you made a great choice

2drtahoez71
12-02-2006, 12:25 AM
thanks guys. I love the car...its my first bmw, and my first new car, so im not too objective lol, but there are no bad reviews of the car that im aware of, and ive read PLENTY. Just thinking about this thing puts a smile on my face:yay

beemerboy...black is the way to go my friend:rockon

MikeyC...why you always gotta call me out when i miss the obvious lol. Once again, I dont know how i missed that.:wall

Kelso...i agree:bigups