PDA

View Full Version : Saddam sentenced to DEATH

Tex Star Detail
11-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Iraqi tribunal sentences Saddam to hang - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061105/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam_verdict) :cool:

cwcad
11-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Ya, I read somewhere this morning that Amnesty International is claiming that it was not a fair trial.

Tex Star Detail
11-05-2006, 01:04 PM
I heard that as well Kirk. About how his lawyers were not protected. It says in the article that 3 lawyers were assasinated and 1 fled the country.

audiboy
11-05-2006, 10:49 PM
I`m just hoping that the ruling stays.

Brenton
11-06-2006, 06:31 AM
I`m sure that it was an unfair trial and he was a murderous tyrant.

I`m less for capital punishment, and more for ironic punishment. Like, make him work in chains at a Kurdish soup kitchen or sweep the halls of his former palace the rest of his life.

CalgaryDetail
11-06-2006, 12:20 PM
I`m sure that it was an unfair trial and he was a murderous tyrant.

I`m less for capital punishment, and more for ironic punishment. Like, make him work in chains at a Kurdish soup kitchen or sweep the halls of his former palace the rest of his life.

spoken like a true canadian, lol. I think his laywers will apeal and unfair trial, but hey only time will tell

p.s im all for capital punishment

BLUELINE 1
11-06-2006, 01:36 PM
I think it will be a great day when the sentence is carried out. If it stands they have 30 days to get it done.

Brenton
11-06-2006, 02:13 PM
The thing is, if it follows through, most of the evil things Hussein did will not go on public record. This was a test trial. I don`t think the US gov were thinking about this.

joe.p
11-06-2006, 02:39 PM
spoken like a true canadian, lol. I think his laywers will apeal and unfair trial, but hey only time will tell

p.s im all for capital punishmentI agree ,if we kill him he`s a hero i say let them all take turns giving him a crack with the bottoms of there shoes as the did with his statue..I guess getting hit with the soles of there sandles is supposedly a very degrading thing to do,but if we kill him he`ll be hero to his people..

Has Saddam been tied to the attacks on the WTC?

BLUELINE 1
11-06-2006, 02:58 PM
No matter what we do to him he will be a hero to some. I just think the quicker he`s gone the quicker the healing can start. IMO as long as he is alive even in custody he will hold some power over those that he ruled for years. If he`s gonna be a hero I would rather he be a dead hero. Joe.p I read the 911 report when it came out and yes he was named several times going way back before it happend, but I don`t think there was ever any hard evidence against him.

joe.p
11-06-2006, 04:30 PM
No matter what we do to him he will be a hero to some. I just think the quicker he`s gone the quicker the healing can start. IMO as long as he is alive even in custody he will hold some power over those that he ruled for years. If he`s gonna be a hero I would rather he be a dead hero. Joe.p I read the 911 report when it came out and yes he was named several times going way back before it happend, but I don`t think there was ever any hard evidence against him.I only ask because i never heard his name come into play..it was always Bin Laden who admitted to the attacks..and the younger Bush had a Vendetta because Saddam threaten the Elder Bush when in office..I do beleive he may have been Funding the war on Terrorism and his wife and Daughter have been accused of continuing to do so..

it is no longer on . but .has anyone ever seen Bagdad ER on HBO?

Scott P
11-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Was there anyone who honestly thought there would be any other verdict handed down?

The Fuzz
11-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Was there anyone who honestly thought there would be any other verdict handed down?

Considering the fact that very few things seem to go right over there these days, absolutely!

Bobcat
11-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Three years from being pulled out of his hole in the ground to sentenced to hang and they will in 3 months. Not bad, warp speed compared to US courts! Maybe we could learn something here. Personally, anybody messes with me or especially my family - ain`t going to trial, I am.