PDA

View Full Version : Product choices

CharlesW
10-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Does anyone else find it interesting to read all the different best/favorite products in several different threads?
Car washes, waterless wahes, quick detailers, wax, sealant, tire dressing, APC`s, MF`s, there must have been dozens of different products posted in response to several threads. Besides the many that have been posted, I can think of many that weren`t mentioned and have done a good job for me at one time or another.

It`s really a great thing when our biggest problem is deciding which of the many good products we want to use. In a lot of areas, it is almost impossible to find much variety and the prices are astronomical for what we almost consider throw-away items.

I hear a lot of people talk about "The good old days", bull crap, I lived in those "good old days", and now is the good days.

Charles

Brace1
10-28-2006, 01:03 PM
I hear a lot of people talk about "The good old days", bull crap, I lived in those "good old days", and now is the good days.

Charles

Quoting Billy Joel: "The good old days weren`t always good, and tomorrow ain`t as bad as it seems".

It`s funny `cause a buddy of mine knows I`m into detailing my vehicles and asked me for a recommendation of wax. I ended up sending him an email regarding not only wax (Max Wax and Natty`s were the recommendations as a good balance between price and performance), but QD`s, soaps, etc. I told him there were countless opinions, and everyone has their favorite boutique brands, but solid performers were PB and Duragloss. Gotta love the variety and infinite choices we have.

I told him about the foam gun on ebay for $31 shipped and he ended up getting one of those, and was gonna use it today. I bought one to give to my Father-in-law for xmas :smile . Trying to spread the addiction so more people will think I`m normal:bump

CalgaryDetail
10-28-2006, 02:12 PM
I love reading about new products, or peoples favorites. It gives me a point to find products I want to try (which always seems to be getting bigger and bigger). Its intresting to hear what others feel is the best and why, gives you a perspective into what they feel is important in a product. I know ifi owned a chemical company i would be tunning into this (nudge nudge wink wink),. I wasnt there for the good old days but im definlty looking forward to the future to see what comes.

rabbi
10-28-2006, 02:47 PM
I don`t like reading about other products,new products,people`s favorites or different combos because I end up spending more money. Give me the Turtlewax and tshirt days.

CharlesW
10-28-2006, 02:58 PM
I don`t like reading about other products,new products,people`s favorites or different combos because I end up spending more money. Give me the Turtlewax and tshirt days.Yeah!
And the neat car washes where they ran your car through the rotary nylon brush "Tunnel of Swirls". They could take anything off. Mirrors, antennas, door handles. Plus, they had this spray on wax so you didn`t have to ever wax your car yourself. Of Course, if you popped for the "Blue Coral" paint protection package at the dealer`s, you didn`t ever need to wax anyway.
Heck, the cars were worn out in 50,000 miles and rusted out in 3 to 5 years so all we had to do was replace them. None of this maintenance foolishness.

Charles