PDA

View Full Version : Question about trim care...

Conundrum
10-24-2006, 10:46 AM
I just have a question regarding caring for the trim on my 2006 Accord coupe. So far, I`ve only been conditioning the leather seats/trim, washing, drying, and waxing the exterior, but I want to start protecting the rubber trim on my car, esp the rubber seals at the top of the windowframe (which basically holds the glass stable).

Anyhow, the reason why I haven`t treated anything yet is because in the past I have used a few products, and over time they either dried out or discoloured a few pieces of trim, and I really don`t want that to happen to my Accord. I`m not sure if all products do this, or if some are more for protection against sundamage/drying out...but if anyone can recommend something please let me know and I`ll start using it on my car.

Thanks in advance...

Beemerboy
10-24-2006, 10:59 AM
I just have a question regarding caring for the trim on my 2006 Accord coupe. So far, I`ve only been conditioning the leather seats/trim, washing, drying, and waxing the exterior, but I want to start protecting the rubber trim on my car, esp the rubber seals at the top of the windowframe (which basically holds the glass stable).

Anyhow, the reason why I haven`t treated anything yet is because in the past I have used a few products, and over time they either dried out or discoloured a few pieces of trim, and I really don`t want that to happen to my Accord. I`m not sure if all products do this, or if some are more for protection against sundamage/drying out...but if anyone can recommend something please let me know and I`ll start using it on my car.

Thanks in advance...

Poorboys Trim Restore is one that I like for rubber inside and out, great product to have on hand for taking the wax out of grainy trim with a toothbrush in case you need that

cwcad
10-24-2006, 12:58 PM
There are a plethora of products that the sponsors sell that will do the job. Yet, I agree with Beemerboy that, Trim Restore is my product of choice for the jobs that you mentioned.

Conundrum
10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
So will Poorboys Trim Restorer also moisturize the rubber seals/trim? Basically I`m after a product that will do this as well...