PDA

View Full Version : citrus Degreaser

CalgaryDetail
10-19-2006, 08:54 PM
I have heard from people in the past that when they do a wash they apply a cirtus degreaser to the lower half of the car. I was wondering what degreasers you guys use. I want somthing that is paint safe ofcourse and something that can be put in a chemical sprayer so I can apply a light coating to the lower hlaf as a pre-wash type thing.
Also if I am totaly off with the whole citrus thing what degreaser would you recomned using?
Thank you in advance for the info

-mike

sneek
10-19-2006, 10:09 PM
I have heard of people using one by P21s, its also what Paul Dalton uses

CalgaryDetail
10-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Cool thnkx for the info. I thikn im going to order some here soon. It sounds like a great idea as a pre-wash, as it seems to be paint safe as well as though enough on grime. Also i think itll work well in a chemical sprayer.

For those of you that use p21s total auto wash, what ratios do you use?
Thank you

-mike

Brenton
10-20-2006, 05:37 AM
I use Citrusol by Pristine Chemicals (and Ontario & New Brunswick company). It is a product made almost entirely with orange & citrus peels. Smells awesome.
I`m about to try Big Orange (or is it Big Orange E) by Zep to see how it compares, since my Pristine Chemicals rep is liable to simply disappear one day.
It is an unbelievable tar remover. Watch, it can stain a full strength if it dries in the sun, though I`ve only hear of it staining on Toyota late-model plastic panels.

Beemerboy
10-20-2006, 09:20 AM
I use one that is made by P&S Sales local detail manufacturer for car care products, with a national distribution.

Its called Enviro-Clean Degreaser / Cleaner can be used 100% or mixed with water for inside use...its a great product because it can be used for all kinds of cleaning inside, outside and engines.

Have a look at there list of Distributors for some one near you or you can buy online

pssales: ENVIRO-CLEAN DEGREASER/CLEANER (http://www.pssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=pssales&Product_Code=RT75&Category_Code=3)

awd330
10-20-2006, 02:29 PM
I`ve been a fan of Meguiar`s Citri-Gel. Unfortunately, this product has been discontinued but you may still be able to find some on closeout. I stocked up on several gallons myself.

MP525i
10-20-2006, 02:45 PM
i just use a plain on bug and tar remover from rightlook.com. the chrome and glass polish along with their bug and tar remover are their two best products, imo.

doesn`t take much to rub off the garbage from the lower panels, but it`s pretty safe to use.

been using it for 4 years now. :)

-mike

CharlesW
10-20-2006, 05:13 PM
For those of you that use p21s total auto wash, what ratios do you use?
Thank you

-mikeI have used S100 Total Cycle Cleaner which is quite similar. I dilute it with water so it is a 70% product, 30% water solution. The dilution ratio is simply a guess I made when I started using it and it seems to work pretty good.
I don`t use it on the vehicle paint although I think it would be OK for that use.
I only use it under the hood a couple of times a year to get into the nooks & crannies that I can`t otherwise reach.

Charles

CharlesW
10-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Just a question.
Won`t many of the degreaser, all purpose cleaners remove wax?
That doesn`t seem like it would be a good thing to do regularly.

Charles

Brenton
10-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Just a question.

Charles

I presume that any degreaser or strong APC or citrus-based or mineral spirit-based product will remove wax.

TrueDetailer
10-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Just a question.

Charles

Thats what i was thinking. If a full detail was going to be done than i don`t see anything wrong with using a degreaser on the rockers,etc as part of the pre-wash. I used to do it when needed. I just used whatever Apc i had in my hand at the time. If you already have a Degreaser then just mix it up 10:1 and use it instead of buying a citrus cleaner. Just make sure the car is wet and in the shade.

Shaun Carollo
10-24-2006, 08:51 PM
I utilize this procedure as well. Mist Megs APC 10:1 on front bumper, hood, windshield, and lower panels. Really cuts threw bugs on the front bumper and windshield, and light tar, and other "gunk" from behind the wheels. I too, only do this on full details where I will be removing any LSP by polishing, or rewaxing.

-Shaun

Surfer
10-25-2006, 11:53 AM
If you have a Foam Gun, Poorboys Bug Squash added to the mixture works wonders. Or just use it seperatley, will cut through bugs/grime easily. And as far as I know won`t really hurt your finish (wax).