PDA

View Full Version : Responsibility To Keep Your Car Clean???

Beemerboy
10-12-2006, 04:17 PM
This afternoon I about rear ended some one making a turn into a apartment complex....The guys car was so dirty in the back that I could not see his turn light and brakes until I was about to hit him....I started to think is that legal?

I mean that if you car is so dirty that it impairs the ability of someone to see the lights, that should be at least ticketed offense.

What do you think?

Tex Star Detail
10-12-2006, 04:42 PM
I believe it is a ticketable offense. I remember years ago, someone had mentioned getting a ticket for that exact thing.

I think I will cut a deal with the police dept. LOL
Detail all of their squad cars and personal vehicles, in return,
hand the department 500 business cards, and have them stop every dirty car. Say the only way to get out of the ticket, is have the car detailed by me....LOL

Ok.....wishful thinking took over......

sneek
10-12-2006, 05:56 PM
I only know of a fine if your license plate is too dirty to see the numbers and letters. I think it states in the learners manual that you always would have very clean lights, windows, and license plate

jaybs02
10-12-2006, 07:52 PM
I think it depends on the state and/or municipality.

I personally don`t see a difference between the tail lights being too dirty and having it covered by snow or a dark tint that impairs its visability.

It`s a matter of safety, if they are too dirty to see then you should be ticketed the same as having an blown tail or headlight.

JMHO
"J"

scottlee
10-12-2006, 08:56 PM
i agree, and would like to add that people need to be ticketed for their windows being to dirty inside and out for them to see the rest of us, i have seen car windows so dirty you cant see inside or through the cars, i think thats a hazard for all of us as well !

Maxima Lover
10-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Yes, in most places you can get a ticket. Here, taillights have to be visible for 500FT.

Jen@autogeek
10-13-2006, 08:37 AM
Where I live nobody uses their signals anyway! It`s always like, "surprise I`m turning suddenly now!!" I hate that! I think there should be some law about the cars that have stuffed animals and junk piled up to the roof of the rear window!!

Beemerboy
10-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks all it was something that pi$$ed me off as I could have hit this guy and here in CA rear end collisions are the fault of the guy in the back...not to mention that I would have hit some 20 year old beater with my BMW...my deductible would have been more than the worth of his car:confused:

gandblah
10-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Where I live nobody uses their signals anyway! It`s always like, "surprise I`m turning suddenly now!!" I hate that! I think there should be some law about the cars that have stuffed animals and junk piled up to the roof of the rear window!!

What about those folks who drive with their small pooches in their lap hanging out of the driver side window or moving all around their lap. I saw a lady juggling her dog and driving shifting from one arm to the other based on which one of hers the pooch decided to hang on to. She was swerving all over the lane....

Isn’t there some law around dogs in cars similar to having babies strapped into a baby chair?

Jen@autogeek
10-13-2006, 06:52 PM
What about those folks who drive with their small pooches in their lap hanging out of the driver side window or moving all around their lap. I saw a lady juggling her dog and driving shifting from one arm to the other based on which one of hers the pooch decided to hang on to. She was swerving all over the lane....

Isn’t there some law around dogs in cars similar to having babies strapped into a baby chair?

:eek: Oh my goodness!! It`s scary how so many people drive while doing so many other things at the same time, talking on the phone, putting on makeup, typing on a laptap. It`s like the driving is the secondary activity!! It`s scary!

jaybs02
10-13-2006, 07:01 PM
:eek: Oh my goodness!! It`s scary how so many people drive while doing so many other things at the same time, talking on the phone, putting on makeup, typing on a laptap. It`s like the driving is the secondary activity!! It`s scary!
I am always amazed the people that can`t walk and crew gum at the same time are behind the wheel of a 3 ton SUV while talking on the phone.

I was actually passed by someone who was using his laptop while blowing by me at over 70.

I could go on but thats another topic and it`ll only send my blood pressure through the roof thinking about it :lol:

"J"

Jen@autogeek
10-13-2006, 07:33 PM
I am always amazed the people that can`t walk and crew gum at the same time are behind the wheel of a 3 ton SUV while talking on the phone.

I was actually passed by someone who was using his laptop while blowing by me at over 70.

I could go on but thats another topic and it`ll only send my blood pressure through the roof thinking about it :lol:

"J"

I cannot even tell you how many times I`ve seen people blow through stop signs when I`m driving around and almost every single one was talking on the phone. They are truly dangerous! I have a cell phone but I never use it while driving. If it`s an absolute emergency that cannot wait until I get home, I pull over and make a call, but I don`t talk and drive ever. I have to be alert for all the ones that do! ;)