PDA

View Full Version : MFs and dryer sheets..

joe.p
10-11-2006, 11:13 AM
I have few towels that streak and never use dryer sheets or softner...could it be possible there might be resindue in the dryer left over from previous dryer sheets .....

I always double check to make sure i remove any sheets left over ...but ii`m wondering if the dryer may need to be wiped down with an APC prior to putting my towels in the dryer ?

Beemerboy
10-11-2006, 12:42 PM
I have few towels that streak and never use dryer sheets or softner...could it be possible there might be resindue in the dryer left over from previous dryer sheets .....

I always double check to make sure i remove any sheets left over ...but ii`m wondering if the dryer may need to be wiped down with an APC prior to putting my towels in the dryer ?

Good question there might be some residue left over...seems like since I started washing mine and using the dryer that some of the older towels don`t have the pickup that they use to....I only use to wash mine then air dry...now I run them on delicate low low heat....and at a times I feel like there is something on them

AL-53
10-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Joe..if your a heavy user of dryer sheets...there is chance of residual softner on the dryer walls....

I have seen posts before where some had same problem as yours...and it was sheet build up in the dryer...

I think if you wipe it out with APC and run some plain wet towels in there to sorta wipe it ..you will be set....

I went to the laundromat to dry some big bulky stuff..and the dryers are caked with sheet residue...

AL

joe.p
10-14-2006, 12:40 PM
I don`t use dryer sheets .. I did notice 3-4 used dryer sheets at time on top of the dryer..I know it has to be the girls placing this many at a time in the dryer or not removing the previous sheets..some of my new Towels are streaking ... i started thinking the dryer might have resindue from the sheets...I was gonna wipe the inner dryer drum with megs APC+ ..but i don`t want the clothes to pick up the scent of the cleaner..

For now i don`t dry the towels after a wash i hang dry them..

Good question there might be some residue left over...seems like since I started washing mine and using the dryer that some of the older towels don`t have the pickup that they use to....I only use to wash mine then air dry...now I run them on delicate low low heat....and at a times I feel like there is something on thembeemer luck for you you noticed the problem with the older towels..I did a vinegar rinse and use microfiber restorer then hang dry...did you notice any static when using the dryer..The static was another reason why i returned to line drying..

AL-53
10-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Joe..I was not implying you used sheets with your MF`s..but family members using them ..they will leave residue in dryer walls....and MF`s are just the ticket to absorb or wipe the residue...

I line dry my towels..do not want to have to wipe out the dryer every time I want to dry towels...but I can not say ..No more softner sheets to the family either...

in the winter I hang in a room in the basement and add a dehumidifier in the room..towels dry pretty fast....thats a option for you....

the residue is kinda waxy also...maybe mix up a strong solution of APC and water in a 5 gallon bucket..let them soak and rewash in hot water....

AL

joe.p
10-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Joe..I was not implying you used sheets with your MF`s..but family members using them ..they will leave residue in dryer walls....and MF`s are just the ticket to absorb or wipe the residue...

I line dry my towels..do not want to have to wipe out the dryer every time I want to dry towels...but I can not say ..No more softner sheets to the family either...

in the winter I hang in a room in the basement and add a dehumidifier in the room..towels dry pretty fast....thats a option for you....

the residue is kinda waxy also...maybe mix up a strong solution of APC and water in a 5 gallon bucket..let them soak and rewash in hot water....

ALAl i understand ..i know you didn`t imply that i had used dryer sheets ..i was just stating that i had not used them in the past..Soaking the towels in the 5 gallon buckets is something i used to do in the past to try and dissolve some of the sealants/wax..thats an option i might have to get back to doing..Towels too expensive not to maintain them properly..

Brenton
10-16-2006, 04:58 AM
Joe, what do you mean by streaK?

joe.p
10-16-2006, 08:58 AM
some of the towels drag the water rather then absorb...

Brenton
10-16-2006, 09:31 AM
okay