PDA

View Full Version : Vapor / Steamer vs Hot Water Extraction?

2Serve
09-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

What are your thoughts on vapor / steamer verses hot water extraction for carpet and upholstry for pro detailing? Which is best? Recommendations?

Daimer Steamer: www. daimer.com/AutoDetailerSystem.asp
Daimer Steamer Carpet extractor: www. daimer.com/carpet_cleaner_product_line.asp

And

Desiderio www. vaporcleanproducts.com/steam_auto_detailing.htm

Thanks for your wisdom Guys,
2Serve

TrueDetailer
09-28-2006, 04:08 PM
For that kind of money i would look at mytee extractors. You can`t get much better than a mytee. I actually own a hp-100, and its never gave me problems.

Bunta
09-28-2006, 07:14 PM
I use a machine called A "euro steam". its an older unit but works great. at my shop we have an extractor which works well on carpets but the best overall machine is the steamer no dought. you can use it anywhere including carpets.

Hunter

detailz
09-28-2006, 07:53 PM
I recommend both. You can`t beat the versatility of a vapor steam machine. I have three machines and have been using them exclusively for 3yrs. We use no chemicals when cleaning the plastics, vinyls, windows, leather and often times the carpet/upholstery. Vapor machines reduces: chemical cost,labor and chemical exposure too name a few. In regards to the carpet, unless the carpeting is very soiled, the vapor steamer is perfect. We only use the carpet extractor for heavily soiled carpet, which is not very often. Considering we average 5-6 complete details a day, we may use the carpet extractor on just one vehicle, if that. The versatility of the Desiderio is exceptional. If price is a factor, consider the TR6 with continous fill that way you can see if you like it for half the price. Carpet extractors are nice and necessary, but are limited to one function only!! I currently have 5 extractors and agree that Mytee is a good unit. I would also suggest Power-Flite line.

Wetwerks
10-19-2006, 11:23 AM
I recommend both. You can`t beat the versatility of a vapor steam machine. I have three machines and have been using them exclusively for 3yrs. We use no chemicals when cleaning the plastics, vinyls, windows, leather and often times the carpet/upholstery. Vapor machines reduces: chemical cost,labor and chemical exposure too name a few. In regards to the carpet, unless the carpeting is very soiled, the vapor steamer is perfect. We only use the carpet extractor for heavily soiled carpet, which is not very often. Considering we average 5-6 complete details a day, we may use the carpet extractor on just one vehicle, if that. The versatility of the Desiderio is exceptional. If price is a factor, consider the TR6 with continous fill that way you can see if you like it for half the price. Carpet extractors are nice and necessary, but are limited to one function only!! I currently have 5 extractors and agree that Mytee is a good unit. I would also suggest Power-Flite line.

We`ve been looking at getting a vapor/steamer for sometime now. We currently have the Mytee 60 which works great. I more interested in the fact that you are using almost no chemicals for interiors, which aside from the cost benefit and speed, those sensitive to chemicals would also benefit and could be used as a selling point. Something else that came to mind is headliners. With the high temp produced, I would be reluctant to use the steamer with the fear of breaking down the adhesive backing. Any problems with this? TIA.

Walter
Jason

Wet Werks Auto Salon

detailz
10-19-2006, 11:59 AM
. Something else that came to mind is headliners. With the high temp produced, I would be reluctant to use the steamer with the fear of breaking down the adhesive backing. Any problems with this? TIA.

Absolutely. I would not use it for the headliner with direct heat/steam. We have at times moved the dispensing head ~4/5" away and just used the moisture to remove the stain. As a rule, my company only spot cleans the headliner. When we need to clean an entire headliner we typically use glass cleaner. Anyone who is detailing professionally and NOT using a steam machine is way behind the times. These systems are amazing.

Doug

Wetwerks
10-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the info Doug. From what I could find searching the internet and forums, it seems the Desiderio or TR6 steamer is the way to go if price is an issue.

Walter

detailz
10-19-2006, 03:31 PM
it seems the Desiderio or TR6 steamer is the way to go if price is an issue.

Walter

The above are my preferred units. I have had and have other machines, but these two are favorites. If you are looking to buy either one, let me know and I will point you in the right direction.