PDA

View Full Version : yellow book advertising

tooklean
09-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Several months ago I was inquiring about how effective yellow page advertising could be. Let me tell you for me its been a nice investment. I am getting several calls on a weekly basis but most importantley I am converting these calls into customers. On occassion I still hand out flyers and such but not nearly as much.

Brenton
09-19-2006, 10:29 AM
I think my yellow pages are my best advertising investment. I spend $111/mo+tax on a small ad, and that now makes about half of my clients.

lilgeezy
09-19-2006, 09:59 PM
i just missed out on yellowbook advertising. it would have cost near 4000 for the year with a business-card sized ad. did i definately just make a mistake not getting in there? i think i may have...

kbbiii
09-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Another source of advertising that has been VER Y good for me and cost absolutely nothing is Yahoo yellow pages. I get about half of my customers from that.

Just a thought.

Kenny

Mikeyc
09-20-2006, 09:31 AM
i just missed out on yellowbook advertising. it would have cost near 4000 for the year with a business-card sized ad. did i definately just make a mistake not getting in there? i think i may have...
IMO word of mouth is the most powerful form of advertising. Think about when you are making a buying decision . . . who do you ask first? Also, what will sway you more than the trusted opinion of a friend who you consider knowledgeable.

Now think about where you would go second to find a service provider say if you couldn`t get a recommendation from a friend . . . the Yellow Pages of course!! I think more & more though the paper Yellow Pages are being pushed aside by on-line versions. It might be wise to advertise in both.