PDA

View Full Version : Request for download?

Mr. Clean
09-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Had an odd occurrence earlier while trying to access the forum. Twice, I received a screen indicating that a download was being "requested" from Detail City. I didn`t accept or allow either time. I thought if it were genuine, Dwayne would have given previous notification. Anyone else experience this?

CharlesW
09-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Had an odd occurrence earlier while trying to access the forum. Twice, I received a screen indicating that a download was being "requested" from Detail City. I didn`t accept or allow either time. I thought if it were genuine, Dwayne would have given previous notification. Anyone else experience this?Yes.
I couldn`t get on the site through my regular bookmark. I got the same download message you were receiving.
I was able to access the site through an e-mail notification of a PM and setup a new bookmark. I then deleted the old one. It seems to be related to the index page.

Charles

Shaun Carollo
09-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Was it for something adobe? That had happened to me a few weeks ago, but I am on a new laptop too so that could be the cause for that.

AutopiaAdmin
09-12-2006, 09:06 PM
It was a host server issue out of my control. We will never intentionally cause something to popup that offers a file to download when you access the site. Although the file in this case was totally innocent since it was an unfinished ebook that just happens to be hosted on the same server as the forums, it is still always a general rule of thumb to not run or save files unless you know exactly what it is and who it is from.

I am frustrated about the current servers performance and am taking steps to resolve these issues.

Dwayne

CharlesW
09-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Was it for something adobe? That had happened to me a few weeks ago, but I am on a new laptop too so that could be the cause for that.
No, but it does seem to be something that happens with FireFox and not with IE.

Charles

Poorboy
09-12-2006, 09:24 PM
I had it too..I deleted my cookies and cleared my cache ...(such technical stuff :lol: ) (of course I had to ask awd330 for advice as i hadn`t a clue what was going on) and then it worked fine:)

Mr. Clean
09-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks Dwayne. I`m glad to be back. :)

To clarify a point CharlesW made, I am using IE not FireFox, so I guess it was occurring across more than one browser. Also, my access didn`t come via a bookmark at all (my bookmark is the DetailCity storefront :lol: ).

norahcrv
09-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I had it too..I deleted my cookies and cleared my cache ...(such technical stuff :lol: ) (of course I had to ask awd330 for advice as i hadn`t a clue what was going on) and then it worked fine:)

Wow, certain people will be really impressed, Steve!! :bigups!!!

No, but it does seem to be something that happens with FireFox and not with IE.Charles

I had a similar message with both Firefox & IE. As Dwayne said, it was a problem with his server, so I don`t think it is particular which brower you are using. :confused:

But it`s all fixed (for) now & here we all are again :D

joe.p
09-12-2006, 09:59 PM
I`m having trouble a fews times a week and once earlier. Since MOL was hacked i become nervous when trying to access the sites i always think of viruses and when the computer gets them which is rarely i get the blame for it:confused:

Brenton
09-13-2006, 05:00 AM
I got this last night & this morning:

"Fatal error: This encoded file is corrupted. Please refer to FAQ / Support / Zend.com (http://www.zend.com/support/support_faq.php?id=loader_file_corrupt) for further help in /home/detailci/public_html/forums/vbseo.php on line 0"

joyriide1113
09-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Samething. Considering I had Detailcity.org as my homepage, it would be the first thing to pop up. I had to click a link I had saved on my desktop in order to avoid it and remove Detailcity.org as my homepage.

Beemerboy
09-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Only problem that I have had is getting the site to load up and refresh...seems really slow

Stephan
09-13-2006, 09:50 AM
I got the same thing last night, funny part was I just had spent a good protion of two days removing a really bad piece of malware and when I got that download popup I thought it was back.

I also got an email from the detailcity cutomer service and when I tried to open that it had a pop up box to download a document. Odd but it works now.