PDA

View Full Version : Dg Vs Ps

black bart
09-02-2006, 07:36 AM
I have a Black Corvette show car and have been using PS on it for a past two summers.
After reading AL-53 glowing report about Duragloss and seeing his truck I decided to give it a try. I put it on my Black Ranger pickup and did not really spend much time on the prep but it looked really good so I decided to do a test. My corvette has a vinyl trim belt line down the side. The car is done in PS except below the belt-line trim. Below the trim is DG. In the garage I can`t really say witch is best it is really hard to say I think DG may have a little More gloss. I"m going to a car show today and hundreds of people will be looking at my car. I plan on telling them that the upper and lower part of the door has different LSP and witch do they think looks best. I will not tell them what is on it until after they have made their decision that way Name brand recognition will not influence their decision. The only one that I won`t tell is the judges but from the way the cars looks I"m betting that I win another award.
This should be interesting as to how this turns out.

mongo
09-02-2006, 02:46 PM
:bigups Hers to more hardware in the family they know where to go to don`t they:rockon .

shine on black bart mongo

black bart
09-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Well I got home from the car show today and the Corvette wins again :yay

Most people could not tell any difference in the two LSP but some said the bottom looked better, that would be the DG.
I still like PS but it is not worth 8 times the money.
DG looks just as good if not better will last much longer and I can get it locally for less than 10 bucks that is about what the shipping would be for the PS. Looks like when I run out of PS I will not be buying anymore.

joe.p
09-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Well I got home from the car show today and the Corvette wins again :yay

Most people could not tell any difference in the two LSP but some said the bottom looked better, that would be the DG.
I still like PS but it is not worth 8 times the money.
DG looks just as good if not better will last much longer and I can get it locally for less than 10 bucks that is about what the shipping would be for the PS. Looks like when I run out of PS I will not be buying anymore.Congrats on another win black bart. Have you find that your car attracts a lot of dust when using wax`s with high oil contents. I find my car getting dirty quicker?

black bart
09-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Congrats on another win black bart. Have you find that your car attracts a lot of dust when using wax`s with high oil contents. I find my car getting dirty quicker?Yea but the PS isn`t as bad as some that I have tried. After getting to the show I always use a QD before the judging starts.

joe.p
09-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Yea but the PS isn`t as bad as some that I have tried. After getting to the show I always use a QD before the judging starts.I see you use it for show cars is this also a daily driver bart. I have a daily driver it seems to be a dust magnet. Again Congrats on another win :yay ..

black bart
09-03-2006, 04:29 AM
I see you use it for show cars is this also a daily driver bart. I have a daily driver it seems to be a dust magnet. Again Congrats on another win :yay ..
JOE the Corvette is rarely driven other than to shows. The finish is flawless and I would not even think of parking it at the Wal-Mart
For a daily driver PS is not durable enough and far to expensive.
On my show car I can get several months out of it because it is covered in the garage most of the time.
I own 7 vehicles and don`t want to spend all my time detailing them. This winter I plan on using 105 on all of them. I don`t try to make my DD look like a show car just looks better than most on the road. I recently tried the 105 on my Ranger and this weekend on the show car and for me the DG is the ideal product. I can buy it locally and the cost is just about what I would pay for shipping for other LSP.Yesterday people could not tell what part of the Corvette was PS and what was DG. Some day I think I will do this with Zaino and DG I"m betting that hardly anyone will know the difference. The debate over witch LSP is best will never end but after trying the DG products my search is over it will be used on the show car when the PS runs out.
I plan on doing a show today and one again tomorrow. Show season in Indiana is nearly over about another month.

AL-53
09-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Congrats on the win BB...Hope you bring some more home before the show season is over...My truck is holding up great...beads like day one..i used AW once since it was done and 3 washes...and FC&S twice...to get some construction dust off after a rain...I bought a gallon of 105 ...to give some to people when I do there car for them..mostly co workers and friends...then I tell them how to maintain the car...with AW and FC&S...

Al

black bart
09-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Congrats on the win BB...Hope you bring some more home before the show season is over...

Al
AL I went to a car show on Saturday-Sunday-Monday and won at all three. Will not go again until next Saturday.

AL-53
09-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Congrats on the wins..you seem to be having good year....when do the shows end...or do you do inside shows also....

I have a little experiment coming up...will let you know results this week if weather permits me to do it....should be interesting...may be of intrest to you...

PM me if you want to....

Al

mongo
09-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Ya for sure AL-53 let us know how it went with the experiment:bigups

mongo