PDA

View Full Version : free advertisment?

theRIAA
08-27-2006, 07:23 PM
you guys got any free ways to advertise your detailing buisness? right now im just putting mini flyers on "nice" dirty cars around my neigborhood (in driver door window or handle) , any other ideas or tips, also, i want to stay fairly local.

my flyer:

"street name" Street Mobile
Auto Detail

• Hand Wash & Dry
• Moderate Bug & Tar Removal
• Clean Tires, Rims & Wheel Wells
• Dress Tires
• Clean Door jambs
• Vacuum Interior & Trunk
• Clean and Dress All Interior Vinyl
• Clean Vents, Gauges, Knobs, etc…
• Clean Windows & Mirrors

$60

• Hand polish and wax: add $20
• Shampoo Floor mats: add $10
• Large or Very Dirty vehicles: add $10

~ Options Flexible ~ Only Quality Products are Used ~

I detail at your location!
"im a phone number"

Please leave your name and number if there is no answer,
I will call you soon

see anything wrong? should I raise my price mabee?

Tex Star Detail
08-27-2006, 07:32 PM
craiglist.org
yahoo local
google local

TrueDetailer
08-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Word of mouth is your best free advertisment. When i first started i tried to bring up that i was a detailer with almost every person i came in contact with.

Also leaveing flyers on cars is not the best way to pass them out. I went door to door of every business in my downtown. And also on the main strips of the city. I would give them my flyer, let them know who i was and that i am mobile and come to you. Do this and i will guarantee that by the end of that week you will have more work than you can handle.

Where ever you see a business card peg board, like the ones you see at the barber shop. Put up a few.

With those three methods i built my business up to what it is today.

Once the money started rolling in i began advertising in small local papers, its cheap. And it will also bring you a ton of business.

hope this helps some.

Edit

Something else i`ll add. You should drop the price of your basic wash and vac from 60 to around 30 bucks. Thats the going price for a average car or truck. You`ll get alot more customers that way. And then once you have steady business to keep the bills paid bump it up for new customers. thats what i did.

jaybs02
08-27-2006, 07:35 PM
There has been mention from members about checking local laws regarding leaving things on peoples cars.

Check to see what others offering similar serivices are charging (you don`t want to be too high or too low)

There are a number of great suggestions for "free" or practically free advertising. Just keep checking through the "Professional" section

Good luck
"J"