PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a detail Spray

Pages : [1] 2

Mustang05
08-26-2006, 05:59 PM
I am trying to figure out what detail sprays to consider for my Collinite topped vehicle. I`m mostly looking for something to be used following the weekly wash to aid with slickness. I know a lot of these sprays are designed to be used over a synthethic wax. I was looking for some advice for one thats best over a carnauba that will help maintain the Collinite throughout the winter.

ZaneO
08-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Zaino Z6, Clearkote Quik Shine, FK 425, Adam`s Detail Spray, etc.

Bags
08-26-2006, 06:09 PM
I like Duragloss Aquawax right now. Just my 2 cents.

wannafbody
08-26-2006, 09:38 PM
AW would work great over Collinite.

kimwallace
08-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Slickness = Poorboys Spray and Gloss
Gloss & Depth = Adams Detail Spray

Just my .02

mgm2003
08-27-2006, 10:20 AM
I am trying to figure out what detail sprays to consider for my Collinite topped vehicle. I`m mostly looking for something to be used following the weekly wash to aid with slickness. I know a lot of these sprays are designed to be used over a synthethic wax. I was looking for some advice for one thats best over a carnauba that will help maintain the Collinite throughout the winter.

Based on your needs, I think I`d try duragloss aquawax first. You can pick it up locally for under $7, and you have another member saying it works well over Collinite.

http://www.duragloss.com/products/DG_0951.jpg

Sonus is one of the better QD sprays that I`ve used with carnuba. I received a bottle from a member last year, and was impressed.

It will add some protection, boost slickness, etc...

http://www.mjp-autodetailing.co.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/autopia_1895_2219696.gif

I also like Finish Kare 425 and/or FX-100.
(www.fk1usa.com (http://www.fk1usa.com))

Jen@autogeek
08-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Not one single vote for Crystal Mist?? sniff sniff okay I`m going to go cry in the corner now. :(

Larry A
08-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Once a month or every 3 weeks I use Aquawax. After every wash I use Eagle One Wipe n Shine. Somethimes if the mood strikes me I may use Nano Spray, Turtle Platinum spray, and Perfect Detail spray. They all seem to work together fine.

Mustang05
08-27-2006, 04:00 PM
I really appreciate all the feedback. The Collinite 845 has impressed me so much that I want to be sure whatever I use isn`t going to alter the finish already. Maybe I don`t even really need a detailer? But, it`s the slickness I`m after now because in time that just goes away even with the protection still present.

Sounds like a lot of votes for Duragloss AW. It looks like an interesting product. I keep thinking about the FK1 425 though.

Jen, I did look into the Crystal Mist and that seems like a great choice also especially since it comes from a line of all carnauba products. After all it is carnauba finish I`m looking to preserve.

Oh so many choices...

DARKSTI
08-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Not one single vote for Crystal Mist?? sniff sniff okay I`m going to go cry in the corner now. :(
I vote for CM, my go to spray on carnubas.:yay

Prenderville
08-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Aquawax doing a great job for me , priced right, readilly available

ashsarna
08-28-2006, 06:24 AM
I have both AW and CM and FK 425 among others. I found that AW was better (slicker and how it looked ) compared to 425 imo. Cm is great too, but for the price I really like AW on my `xxxx topped cars (which incidentally are all dark colored).

If you really want a qd that is strictly for carnauba, I really like Chemical Guys PRO-DETAILER+1XCarnauba . It is great over all my nubas, leaving the finish very slick (I have been using it over PS, Victoria waxes, CG 5050 connessieur and zymol). You have a great many choices here from all the repies. Order two and have fun.

JaredPointer
08-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Another vote for AquaWax. :bigups

AL-53
08-28-2006, 04:46 PM
The Aqua Wax is more of a spray sealant than a QD...it offers not only a nice slick gloss..but also protection....and the protection is a very durable one at that...

For a QD for lite dust and some lite soil (not gritty sand) bird bombs water spots...try the DuraGloss Fast Clean and Shine..it is a lite cleaner and also has some sealant in to boost the gloss and slickness..but it does clean also...

there is no caranuba in the products..they are both synthetic ..no staining trim..can be used on glass..can be used over a caranuba...will not remove any lsp...and cheap...worth a try....also can be found local..SOMETIMES...at carquest...

Al

joe.p
08-28-2006, 05:02 PM
....also can be found local..SOMETIMES...at carquest...

AlMy carquest carried more then a few DG the ones they did`t have where #601 & 105 which both should arrive tomorrow. So if the don`t have ask`em to order it :) let`em pay for shipping:)..