PDA

View Full Version : Open to suggestions-

Pages : [1] 2

RTexasF
08-26-2006, 06:11 AM
Long story short-

I have no choice but to work in the South Texas (full) sun. Dark colored cars can get so hot that you can`t keep your hand on them. I`m looking for a polish that will work under these conditions, either PC or Cyclo applied. I currently have Wolfgang, Poorboy`s 2.5 and 1.
The Wolfgang works well but isn`t quite agressive enough for some situations regardless of the pad used. Both of the Poorboys polishes make a horrid mess on a very hot surface, and are a bear to remove. They literally bake on to the surface with no working time so as to be totally ineffective. I`m very disappointed in these two but maybe I`m asking too much.

Have any of you come across a product or combination of products that will work under such extreme conditions? I thank you for your input.

cwcad
08-26-2006, 08:01 AM
If you have found that Poorboy`s products do not work for you in the sun I would guess that the next viable option would be to purchase a portable shade awning or tent. Many of the detailers have used such a devise.

Good Luck!!

RTexasF
08-26-2006, 08:12 AM
If you have found that Poorboy`s products do not work for you in the sun I would guess that the next viable option would be to purchase a portable shade awning or tent. Many of the detailers have used such a devise.

Good Luck!!

Understood, thank you. Currently that is not an option which is why I`m asking about specific products for the conditions.

cwcad
08-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Sorry to hear that, RTexasF. I do not know of any other product that works in the sun as well as Poorboy`s.

budman3
08-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Sorry to hear that, RTexasF. I do not know of any other product that works in the sun as well as Poorboy`s.

Agreed. In this case you`re might have to do something more than altering your products... ie- cover, garage, shade of some sort, etc. There is a reason why most polishes say use out of direct sunlight and that is because they just won`t work. PB`s would be your best bet in this situation though. Try and experiment a little to find what works better than before if there isn`t anything you can do about it.

RTexasF
08-26-2006, 10:01 AM
HMMMM.... it seems, so far anyway, that shade may be the only realistic answer. Then again, perhaps I haven`t found the magic combination of Poorboy`s 1 & 2.5? By that I mean amount used, pad, etc. I did experiment with various amounts and worked in small areas but it is possible that I just didn`t get it right yet. The poor results were done with the PC so maybe it`s time to bring my newly acquired Cyclo into play and try again.

Unless more suggestions come about I guess I`ll give the Poorboys another shot with the new machine.

lonewolf0420
08-26-2006, 11:49 AM
I would give PB`s another shot. I know how you feel having to do all the work while exposed too direct sunlight( I live in a condo). Try using a smaller amount. Work it a little longer.

Tex Star Detail
08-26-2006, 01:35 PM
RTexasF......what I do is use PB`s SSR`s. Using them in full sun on a black car, as you say, has no working time. What I do is get my pad wet with a QD spray. not just a mist, but several squirts. If it starts to dry up before, I give the PANEL another squirt.
I use a QD with silicone, which seems to stay wetter, longer.

I dunno....that is what I do, as I have had situations like yours alot.

I know the wal-mart here has 10x10 EZ UP canopies on clearance for 49.99, originally $117 I may go pick 2 more up if they are not gone....probably

RTexasF
08-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks, I did try keeping the pad moist with various products from Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe to an actual spray wax but to no avail. Since others like yourself have been able to make Poorboy`s SSR series work in the TX sun then it must be operator malfunction.....ME! I`ll give it another go.

Great tip on the EZ Up canopies, I`ll go check our local Wal Marts today and try my luck. They were $110 at Sam`s just last week.

Tex Star Detail
08-26-2006, 06:44 PM
I went back to pick one up today...all gone......
They were the Texas Flag looking ones.......

RTexasF
08-26-2006, 06:55 PM
None here either......bummer.

Tex Star Detail
08-26-2006, 07:04 PM
hahaha, last time I wa there, I was tempted to buy all that was left....5 of them, and resell em....LOL

Too late........

Woob
08-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Work early, or late. Use Optimum!

RTexasF
08-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Folks, thank you all for answering. Now, there are some obvious answers here... work in the shade, work at night, get a garage, etc. What`s not so obvious is that if any of the the suggestions were possible I would have already done them! Respectfully, I`m just old not stupid. A portable shade setup is in the works but that won`t help me immediately.

This brings me back to the original question concerning products that would work better than the ones I mentioned. I did receive a PM that I believe will help but still I remain open for suggestions. Any more to be had?

Tex Star Detail
08-27-2006, 01:44 PM
No more from me. I get by with what I stated earlier. Work fast and keep it wet. (Had to make sure I was posting in the detail forum and not an adult one...LOL)

I hope you find a cure soon. If you do, let us know, at least me. I am always trying to beat the problem with chemicals and triple digit temps...