PDA

View Full Version : QD question

Bags
08-24-2006, 06:53 PM
I have never done a QD so I have a few questions. I hve DG fast clean and shine and DG aqua wax.... The car was washed and waxed with Gold Class last saturday. I only drive 3 miles to work each day one way 6 miles total. I have little dust streaks where the early morning dew has dried I also have some paw prints in the hood and roof (but thats another post). On the way home today I hit a small drizzle but not enough water to run off the car, more like a mist. Can I use the FC&s for a QD and then hit it with the AW? Or only use the AW after a full wash? Also for QD should I use a plush polish MF or a general duty 16X16 MF? Will I have to use more polishing MF`s for the AW?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions..

Bags

lonewolf0420
08-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Buy yourself some Poorboy`s Waterless Wash and some soft MF`s. Leaves a nice finish behind. I haven`t had the oppertunity to try your above mentioned product .

JaredPointer
08-25-2006, 08:01 AM
Yes, you can use the FC&S as a QD. It does a very good job. I like PB`s S&W, but in all honesty, there`s no need to go buy another product. The FC&S will do what you need. It`s a superb product.

You can use the AW after the FC&S as well.

As far as the MF towels go, I would use the plush towels for the QDing and use the polish towels for applying/removing the AW.

Bags
08-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks, Thats what I needed to know. Maybe Ill try PB`s when I run out.

black bart
09-22-2006, 07:04 AM
I use FC&S to clean my show car.
I drive 75 miles to some shows and it gets pretty dusty.
I have DuraGloss 105 on the car but in order to save time I clean and ramp up the shine all at the same time by mixing one third AW in with the FC&S.
I use a small 8o/z bottle at the shows and I put in 6o/z of FC&S and 2o/z of AW shake well before using.
If I can clean my BLACK show car with it you should be able to use it on your daily driver.
Regular use of the above mix and you won`t need to use the AW by itself providing you already have a LSP on the car.
I agree with JaredPointer I would use a plush towel for the QD