PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Polishes And Compounds

BLACKWRX
08-21-2006, 11:39 PM
do you guys mix products.......?
i think i got this from someones post on the forum and tried it.....and had amazing results...i mixed optimum compound with poorboys 2.5, it was about a 50/50 mix......optimum alone causes a serious thick haze, though polishes and removes scratches and swirls wonderfully.......pb`s alone can cause a ridiculous powder and dust specks, though cleans the paint and removes light swirls...combine both and its an amazing combo.......and i was using an orbital pc to apply

mgm2003
08-22-2006, 07:00 AM
do you guys mix products.......?
i think i got this from someones post on the forum and tried it.....and had amazing results...i mixed optimum compound with poorboys 2.5, it was about a 50/50 mix......optimum alone causes a serious thick haze, though polishes and removes scratches and swirls wonderfully.......pb`s alone can cause a ridiculous powder and dust specks, though cleans the paint and removes light swirls...combine both and its an amazing combo.......and i was using an orbital pc to apply

I`ve never tried that combo, but at times I do mix in a light polish (FPII) or glaze (RMG) to reduce dusting.

The most effective combo that I`ve tried to date is the G35stilez `Un-Compound` mix, which is Extreme Cut & Optimum Polish mixed 50/50. It has compound cutting power but applies as smooth as a light polish.

No dusting, pad gumming, etc... :yay :yay :yay

Dans Detailing
08-22-2006, 07:24 AM
On occasion I have a need to mix products if I have a severely scratched vehicle.