PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal ?

Chip_Foose_Fan
08-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi.. why has my name been changed ? I joined the site but never received an e-mail indicating that my name was to be changed from Chip_foose to Chip_foose_fan ?
I really don’t appreciate this. If my name offended anyone let me know. But my friends call me Chip & I love to watch overhaulin.

AutopiaAdmin
08-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Hi.. why has my name been changed ? I joined the site but never received an e-mail indicating that my name was to be changed from Chip_foose to Chip_foose_fan ?
I really don’t appreciate this. If my name offended anyone let me know. But my friends call me Chip & I love to watch overhaulin.

Well I`m sure that Chip will appreciate the fact that you are a fan and not someone trying to impersonate him on a detailing forum.

It`s not about offending anyone, you can`t use the man`s name as your own. Now you can watch Overhaulin` and let everyone know that you are a fan of Chip Foose.

Chip_Foose_Fan
08-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Incredible.. I have this name on dozens of forums… & never thought this would affect his image (which it wont) I think that because Chip foose in the auto world & has mothers Detailing products as his sponsors… Detail City wont let his name get publicity. .. I don’t mean to make it a big deal.. but does this mean that if you happen to have a celebrities name you cant use your own ? or what if your name is Dicknut ? Is this how Detail City works … deciding whats the best name for you ? :confused: