PDA

View Full Version : Megs wheel brightner

joe.p
08-13-2006, 05:33 PM
I removed most of the break dust on a 2003 Trail Blazer, I`ve tried EO all wheel cleaner,Megs WB with a 1500 PSI power washer with a detailers choice break dust pad remover. i even turned the wheels so i can reach the inside and i still cant remove all the baked on dust. The wheels are factory coated i was wondering if i should kick up the dilution ratio on the Megs to 4:1 , i concerned with the clear on the aluminum wheels,any suggestions or do i live with it?

Tex Star Detail
08-13-2006, 05:38 PM
I have an 03 Trailblazer and I use Megs WB at 4:1 sometimes. I make sure I rinse right after. Another good one, OTC, was Hot Rims Multi Piece Wheel cleaner.....

Where is the baked on dust? Inside the rim?

EDIT.....Are they these types of rim?
(THIS IS MY VEHICLE, NOT A CUSTOMERS)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2057000-2057999/2057778_3_full.jpg

joe.p
08-13-2006, 05:40 PM
I have an 03 Trailblazer and I use Megs WB at 4:1 sometimes. I make sure I rinse right after. Another good one, OTC, was Hot Rims Multi Piece Wheel cleaner.....

Where is the baked on dust? Inside the rim? Hey TexasTB ,I have both are you able to get all the dust ?This crap is baked on it is coming off in flakes..

yep the dust is inside the rims behind the calipers and wheel spokes..

Tex Star Detail
08-13-2006, 05:45 PM
I can get all of the dust. I had to use a clay bar as well the first time. Took quite a while too. I wax my wheels EVERY time I wash it. Helps alot.

RTexasF
08-13-2006, 06:17 PM
This may not help right now but it might in the future. I had not taken the alloys off my Accord for cleaning since purchase in 2004........they were beyond awful. I removed them and tried everything in the arsenal, including clay, with poor results. I suddenly remembered I had a new bottle of Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse wheel cleaner soooo....

I swallowed the lump in my throat and applied it full strength to one wheel. After 30 seconds I blasted it with the hose. The wheel was immediately 90% clean and was never touched!! A small amount of scrubbing on the dirt that remained was all it took to make it spotless front, back, and in the barrell. The remaining three were done in the same manner. What a fantastic product!!! I won`t be without a supply of this stuff! This product is well worth the price of admission. Cutting it 50/50 with water works well on lightly soiled wheels.

Sealant was applied after drying and prior to putting them back on the car.

joe.p
08-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I can get all of the dust. I had to use a clay bar as well the first time. Took quite a while too. I wax my wheels EVERY time I wash it. Helps alot.The rims do look like yours the. The outer rims are no spotless it`s the inner lip behind the spokes. The only way would be to remove the rim and do it right, but this a detail for another and hes not paying for that extensive of a job. I`mm also having trouble pricing it. I shampooed the carpets/mats cleaned all the inter panels windows etc all thats left is to remove the swirls ,polish and seal.

have you had a job where you had this problem with the inner wheels and had to leave it? there not bad its just not upto my standards..

This may not help right now but it might in the future. I had not taken the alloys off my Accord for cleaning since purchase in 2004........they were beyond awful. I removed them and tried everything in the arsenal, including clay, with poor results. I suddenly remembered I had a new bottle of Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse wheel cleaner soooo....

I swallowed the lump in my throat and applied it full strength to one wheel. After 30 seconds I blasted it with the hose. The wheel was immediately 90% clean and was never touched!! A small amount of scrubbing on the dirt that remained was all it took to make it spotless front, back, and in the barrell. The remaining three were done in the same manner. What a fantastic product!!! I won`t be without a supply of this stuff! This product is well worth the price of admission. Cutting it 50/50 with water works well on lightly soiled wheels.

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/images/statusicon/user_online.gif http://www.detailcity.org/forums/images/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.detailcity.org/forums/reputation.php?p=196786) http://www.detailcity.org/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.detailcity.org/forums/report.php?p=196786) Thanks for chiming inn, at this time i dont have any Spray & Rinse. All i could do is the best i can. the client may or may not notice the difference if so i`ll advice how to remove the remainding dust then explain to him how to maintain the wheels from there on..

Tex Star Detail
08-13-2006, 07:09 PM
I get as far as I can inside the wheel. I do not break myself doing the whole inside. If they want to pay for me to take the wheels off, then fine. But, yea, I just get what I can and leave the rest.

joe.p
08-13-2006, 08:59 PM
I get as far as I can inside the wheel. I do not break myself doing the whole inside. If they want to pay for me to take the wheels off, then fine. But, yea, I just get what I can and leave the rest.TexasTB, I did the same, after drying the wheels i noticed tiny specs on all four that i didn`t see before the wash,anyways now im freakin out thinking its the clear coat :confused: . I really have no motivation to this one theres bird etching/drops on the top of the roof, also i see tons of blots on the paint from touch ups , my guess is some of this is gonna come of when using the SMR. I had his daughter view the paint and explain some of my concerns. Am i woos or what..

RTexasF
08-14-2006, 08:36 AM
I think you are being cautious and wise to point out potential problem areas. I`m sure it will pass muster!

Mikeyc
08-14-2006, 08:52 AM

I have bottles of both Spray & Rinse and Wheel Brightener and I can honestly say that Wheel Brightener 4:1 is a stronger cleaner than S&R (full strength). S&R is definitely a great wheel cleaner which is quite powerful and my guess is not as potentially detrimental to your health as WB. However, WB definitely has more cleaning power.

joe.p
08-14-2006, 03:39 PM
I think you are being cautious and wise to point out potential problem areas. I`m sure it will pass muster!Her dad left the car i didnt have a chance to over with him so i thought i should show the daughter .

MikeyC,
How potent can the WB be with 4oz of product and 28oz of water =32oz?