PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Side Mirrors - Scratches/Swirls

cb804
11-02-2023, 08:53 AM
Just picked up a lightly used car recently. Previous owner must have run car through a car wash a few times. Just some minor swirls that all buffed out. I am left with swirls/scratches on the mirror part of the side view mirrors. I have no idea what to use. Any recommendations? Thanks

Ron Ketcham
11-02-2023, 10:07 AM
Try as you may, unlikely results will be satisfactory, you can get the replacement portion for small amount on Ebay.

Stokdgs
11-02-2023, 01:57 PM
In my experiences Detailing, there is much less paint on the mirrors than on the rest of the vehicle, so be careful... I never use a machine; I just do them by hand.. Better control over how much clear coat may be removed, etc... Be careful.. :)

Rsurfer
11-02-2023, 02:28 PM
Is this on the mirror itself? If so, it`s a film and no way that I know of that will remove the scratches.

Bill D
11-02-2023, 02:37 PM
Ideally,we need a photo but I second what everyone else said

Dan
11-02-2023, 05:16 PM
Replacement mirrors for some makes are as cheap as a McDonalds lunch, worth checking out as Ron suggested. A dedicated glass polish might work on them if you remove them otherwise it’s too risky for the mirror housing.

Setec Astronomy
11-02-2023, 06:11 PM
Ideally,we need a photo but I second what everyone else said

I`ll third but I didn`t really read the thread and I wouldn`t join a club that would have me as a member...so...there`s that.