PDA

View Full Version : Rain between Klasse AIO and SG?

sremick
09-08-2023, 03:05 PM
So let`s say it rains between doing Klasse AIO and Sealant Glaze (no garage :( ). What`s a safe product to quickly wipe-off dust and water spots that won`t remove the good that AIO applied, but will work well with applying the SG afterwards?

I have an assortment of products already including final detailing sprays from various companies, CARPRO water spot remover, Meguiar`s Water Spot Remover, Meguiar`s Surface Prep, and others.

Older
09-08-2023, 08:06 PM
So let`s say it rains between doing Klasse AIO and Sealant Glaze (no garage :( ). What`s a safe product to quickly wipe-off dust and water spots that won`t remove the good that AIO applied, but will work well with applying the SG afterwards?

I have an assortment of products already including final detailing sprays from various companies, CARPRO water spot remover, Meguiar`s Water Spot Remover, Meguiar`s Surface Prep, and others.

I think a rinseless wash without any gloss enhancers may work.

Setec Astronomy
09-08-2023, 10:01 PM

So you`re basically suggesting McKee`s N914. I would think ONR would also be fine...but I haven`t used KSG in...15 years or something. Also, in full disclosure, I think I`m still working on my bottle of V.3 ONR, and it`s up to version 5 now.

sremick
09-09-2023, 11:04 AM

I have Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash. Would that be ok?

The other "wash" products I have are Meguiar`s Ultimate Wash & Wax, Meguiar`s Hyper Wash, Carpro Reset, and Carpro Lift. Then I also have Meguiar`s Last Touch Spray Detailer, Meguiar`s NXT Speed Detailer, Sonus Cockpit Detailier, and Sonus Acrylic Spritz.

Some research suggests Wolfgang URW does have "gloss enhancers". So not sure if any of my other products would work instead. Remember I also have Meguiar`s M122 Surface Prep.

Setec Astronomy
09-09-2023, 12:13 PM
I think the obvious answer from your choices would be the Sonus Acrylic Spritz, since that`s basically a spray version of SG, as I remember DavidB describing it.

Dan
09-10-2023, 07:40 AM
I`d just do a quick wash or wait to apply the next layer after a wash is required.

Desertnate
09-13-2023, 12:06 PM
I`d just do a quick wash or wait to apply the next layer after a wash is required.

This is what I would do.

I think I might have run into a similar scenario years ago when I still used Klasse. I think it started raining on my while I was doing the application and I had to stop between steps.

I think the obvious answer from your choices would be the Sonus Acrylic Spritz, since that`s basically a spray version of SG, as I remember DavidB describing it.

That`s what I understood too.

Accumulator
09-13-2023, 02:39 PM
sremick- I still use the Klasse twins on a few things (yeah, same jugs I bought over 20 years ago, still work fine).

I too would just give it a quick conventional wash. Short version: Wash it with the Hyper Wash.

I would NOT use a product that leaves stuff behind lest it somehow mess with the KSG`s bonding. I would NOT give any thought to preserving what little stuff the KAIO left behind as its the KSG that really counts. I WOULD apply at least three coats of the KSG and probably twice that number. I`d apply it so thin that the residue to be buffed away would be basically invisible.

The Acrylic Spritz is a good quick way to boost Klasse, but it should only be used on surfaces that`re already clean and dry. And IME it isn`t really a substitute for another quick coat of KSG, but rather a better-than-nothing booster.

TGates
09-13-2023, 04:04 PM
sremick- I still use the Klasse twins on a few things (yeah, same jugs I bought over 20 years ago, still work fine).

I too would just give it a quick conventional wash. Short version: Wash it with the Hyper Wash.

I would NOT use a product that leaves stuff behind lest it somehow mess with the KSG`s bonding. I would NOT give any thought to preserving what little stuff the KAIO left behind as its the KSG that really counts. I WOULD apply at least three coats of the KSG and probably twice that number. I`d apply it so thin that the residue to be buffed away would be basically invisible.

The Acrylic Spritz is a good quick way to boost Klasse, but it should only be used on surfaces that`re already clean and dry. And IME it isn`t really a substitute for another quick coat of KSG, but rather a better-than-nothing booster.

Agree with all of this but would also add that the Sonus Acrylic Glanz is a great booster spray for the twins that often gets overlooked.