PDA

View Full Version : Is the "damp towel / dry towel" method REQUIRED for Hybrid Solutions Spray Waxes?

Don
09-08-2023, 10:49 AM
Sorry, this video ended up being longer than I planned ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmk4uU3xf9w&t=99s&ab_channel=DetailingBasics-Keepingitsimple

PoisonTheWell
09-08-2023, 11:25 AM
Interesting. Do you have a preference of Ceramic or Flex? When I did the Max Wax on my girlfriend`s car, I did the damp towel as recommended on the bottle and elsewhere on here. I spread that with a black LC pad, so it was even and thin.

Don
09-08-2023, 12:03 PM
Interesting. Do you have a preference of Ceramic or Flex? When I did the Max Wax on my girlfriend`s car, I did the damp towel as recommended on the bottle and elsewhere on here. I spread that with a black LC pad, so it was even and thin.

Recently I`ve been using the Ceramic/Graphene Paste as my base-coat and topping it with Ceramic (because I have two full bottles), but "I" think the Flex Was is "slicker," and I`m THINKING it may have more "active ingredients" since you can use it as a drying aid (where it`s heavily diluted by water) or as a "spray on / rinse off" product (where it`s even MORE diluted by water). So by using it "dry" <shrugs>