PDA

View Full Version : Paint prep sprays

06vrss
07-12-2023, 11:29 AM
Does brand really matter when it comes to coating prep products? Generally I like to stick with one brand in most situations. However, in this case I am planning on applying Gyeon pure evo this weekend and I have about half a bottle of Blackfire paint prep left which will be more than enough. Part of me wants to buy Gyeon prep to keep it in the family but I`m not sure it really matters. Aren`t they all basically the same thing? Thoughts?

Desertnate
07-12-2023, 11:38 AM
I have not found brand matters when it comes to prep sprays. I`ve used both Carpro Eraser, the original Blackfire product, and Gyeon Prep interchangeably with other brands of coatings with no issues.

A good prep spray should leave the surface free of any foreign substance, so compatibility shouldn`t be an issue. The surface will be naked no matter what you use.

06vrss
07-12-2023, 11:40 AM
Very well put. That was pretty much was I was thinking. Just was curious about other`s opinions.

Older
07-25-2023, 08:37 PM
I found a 5-year old bottle of Eraser on a back shelf. It still worked fine. I’ve also used Griots paint prep. I don’t think it really matters what you use.

PNWSam
07-27-2023, 04:00 AM
I use optimum paint prep simply because it was cheap ($45 canadian) for a gallon on Carzilla and it works as good as carpro eraser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk