PDA

View Full Version : Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic- Topper to Boost Gloss

flyersfan0721
05-21-2023, 03:00 PM
I currently have two cars coated with Griots 3 in 1 ceramic wax. I am looking for a cost effective option to use as a topper to boost gloss after using ONR. I have used Griots Speed Shine Ceramic but looking to try something more cost effective. I will be doing 2 cars every week so I was considering P&S Bead Maker or Tec582 since both can be purchased for around $40/gallon. Any recommendations on products that work well with Griots 3 in 1?

Coatings=crack
05-22-2023, 06:59 AM
I would spend the extra $25 and stick in brand with the CSS. Will last you over a year.

That being said i would do the Tec582 out of those two.

One step farther I would buy Adam’s slick and slide or Xtreme Solutions topper in $40 a gallon range. Catch a 25% off sale and Adam’s SNS is the cheapest.

Another option is to get CarPro Elixer and mix it at Quick detailer strength. Drop an ounce of The Griots 3-1 to add a little oomph and creat your own Merlins Elixer.

Would be the most economical as a 34oz bottle will mix 2oz to 32oz bottle. Can make 4 gallons from that bottle.

Will give you about a week to 2 weeks which is what I would expect from other products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MisterSnoop
05-22-2023, 08:20 AM
I don`t think I`d use Ceramic Speed Shine weekly. Maybe every 3-4 weeks to avoid build up. So you could alternate between something to give gloss without protection and CSS.

wannafbody
05-22-2023, 08:41 AM
I`d just use a ceramic shampoo. I`ve had those last 2 weeks on bare paint.

rand0m
06-09-2023, 02:17 PM
I would spend the extra $25 and stick in brand with the CSS. Will last you over a year.

That being said i would do the Tec582 out of those two.

One step farther I would buy Adam’s slick and slide or Xtreme Solutions topper in $40 a gallon range. Catch a 25% off sale and Adam’s SNS is the cheapest.

Another option is to get CarPro Elixer and mix it at Quick detailer strength. Drop an ounce of The Griots 3-1 to add a little oomph and creat your own Merlins Elixer.

Would be the most economical as a 34oz bottle will mix 2oz to 32oz bottle. Can make 4 gallons from that bottle.

Will give you about a week to 2 weeks which is what I would expect from other products.

Isn`t Elixir already diluted to a QD?

Coatings=crack
06-09-2023, 04:07 PM
Isn`t Elixir already diluted to a QD?

Sorry meant Ech20. Elixer isn’t quite a QD but more of a light sealant. Kinda like Adam’s CS3.

Elixer was first a mix of Reload and Ech20 I believe a detailer named Merlin made up. CarPro then made there own version.