PDA

View Full Version : Cali Gold Cleaner Wax vs Marine Cleaner Wax

Alfisti
12-08-2022, 09:42 AM
I recently used the Marine Cleaner Wax to polish out a car with very oxidised solid white paint (not gel coat). I used a wool pad on a forced rotation polisher.

It worked really well, good dwell time, removed all oxidation and left a brilliant shine. I was very impressed. I tried it side by side with DG501 and had similar results. The DG501 maybe having a little more cut.

I have an opportunity to get a few bottles of the Cali Gold Cleaner Wax at a good price.

I was wondering if the CG Cleaner Wax would cut as well as the Marine version on oxidised white paint (not gel coat)?

jimd@mothers
12-09-2022, 11:08 AM
Dear Alfisti,

We`re glad to hear you had a great experience with our Mothers Marine Cleaner Wax. Please note that our Marine line is not currently being produced due to supply-chain challenges, so you may not even be able to find it anymore.

I would certainly consider the California Gold Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax, as it also has great cutting properties to remove oxidation from gelcoat as well as paint. It might behave in a slightly different fashion, but might be impressed by its performance and you should be able to achieve similar excellent results.

Thanks for using Mothers!

Setec Astronomy
12-09-2022, 04:42 PM
Wow, Mothers tech support on Autopia! Outstanding! Say hello to Forrest.

Dan
12-09-2022, 07:35 PM
I can confirm the cleaner wax is excellent for cutting oxidation as is the step 1 in the 3 step system.

Alfisti
12-10-2022, 06:10 AM
Thank you Jim and Dan, I look forward to trying the CG version.

I still have some Marine cleaner wax so I`ll do a side-by-side comparison and I`ll report back when I get the chance.

Btw, I`m a professional detailer and use many, many brands.

I know Mothers doesn`t get the appreciation it deserves on Autopia, even from the beginning. But I appreciate Mothers and use several of their products. I really miss the Reflections line.

wannafbody
12-10-2022, 02:04 PM
I`d say Meguiars vs Mothers, almost every product to product comparison that I`ve used, Mothers comes out on top.

forrest@mothers
12-11-2022, 10:24 PM
Wow, Mothers tech support on Autopia! Outstanding! Say hello to Forrest.

Hi, yourself. I’m still around but lurk more than post.

01GreyStangGT
12-11-2022, 10:31 PM
Hi, yourself. I’m still around but lurk more than post.

Hey Forrest
Mother’s Back to Black tire cleaner is a highly under-rated product. One of my faves.