PDA

View Full Version : CMA Big Blue Drying towel

DavesZ#3
11-28-2022, 03:11 PM
I ran across the thread here about CMA (ProperAutoCare.com) shutting down years ago. I’m looking for an equivalent replacement for their big blue drying towels. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Bill D
11-28-2022, 03:17 PM
Griot`s Garage PFM drying towels are the gold standard in drying towels. They are among the best detailing products I`ve ever used because they simply perform exactly as claimed.

Ron Ketcham
11-28-2022, 08:00 PM
Towelpros.com been using them for over 15 years.

DavesZ#3
11-30-2022, 08:27 PM
Thanks guys. I’ll check them both out

Fskof
12-03-2022, 06:22 PM
Griot`s Garage PFM drying towels are the gold standard in drying towels. They are among the best detailing products I`ve ever used because they simply perform exactly as claimed.

I agree. The Griots PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel 25"x35" 1120 GSM

Lonnie
12-11-2022, 10:57 AM
By the way, the "PFM" in Griot`s Garage`s drying microfibers means "Pure Freaking Magic". It has NOTHING to with the construction or type of microfiber used in this towel. It`s a marketing catch-phrase. That said, they are rather "magical" as to how much water they can hold.

My suggestion is to buy two of the 2-pack 16 x 16" size, rather than the larger 25 x 35" towel. They become quite heavy when saturated with the water they hold and using 2 or 3 16 x 16" cloths/towels is just easier to move around and not have them drag on the ground, especially when drying lower panels/sills or bumper fascias. That`s just my experience. And do NOT try to wring them out of water! You can, but in time you will have Popeye-like wrist strength without having to eat spinach. (Yeah, Google the cartoon character to understand that statement. Yes, I was watching that cartoon on a black-and-white TV by candlelight back then....)

I would REALLY like to know if any Autopians have used or are using Microfiber Madness "Dry Me Crazy" towels OR their "Chipmunk" Edgeless towels OR CARPRO`s DHyrate Drying Towel.

Fskof
12-11-2022, 11:16 AM
I would REALLY like to know if any Autopians have used or are using Microfiber Madness "Dry Me Crazy" towels OR their "Chipmunk" Edgeless towels OR CARPRO`s DHyrate Drying Towel.

I didn`t know Microfiber Madness made a drying towel... but if its anything like its other products it should be a high quality product. I might have to pick one up to test.