PDA

View Full Version : Spray polish

DownSouth
08-12-2022, 07:40 PM
What have been your experiences with these spray polishes?

McKee`s 37 Spray Correcting Polish
Optimum Hyper Polish
Optimum Hyper Compound
Optimum Intensive Polish

Setec Astronomy
08-13-2022, 03:39 AM
As I always like to say, they are a nice idea, and I haven`t used the McKee`s, but when I`m spraying the polish on the pad I always wind up with it on the machine, my arm, the car, the side of the house, etc. Plus the sprayers clog up and break.

981 Cayman S
08-13-2022, 06:33 AM
… but when I`m spraying the polish on the pad I always wind up with it on the machine, my arm, the car, the side of the house, etc.
Good to know it’s not just me! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dan
08-13-2022, 08:54 AM
I loved the idea, less polish sinks in the pad and you don`t have to spread it around. It just wasn`t the time-saver I thought it was going to be. I`m not ready to give up.

My dream is a sprayable AIO with a ceramic coating built in. If it lasted a year I could throw out a lot of stuff.

wannafbody
08-13-2022, 02:41 PM
It would seem to me that to be sprayable the product needs to be thinner and would be more prone to splatter.

noorth
09-26-2022, 02:29 AM
DIYdetail as a new spray polish.

I did think about picking up hyper polish but i just went back to perfect finish.

Desertnate
09-26-2022, 02:08 PM
I have Optimum Hyperpolish and it`s my go-to on really soft paint.

Is it a total mess to get on the pad? Yep! However, as a polishing product I find it works really well on soft Toyota and Honda paint.

Setec Astronomy
09-26-2022, 03:12 PM
I have Optimum Hyperpolish and it`s my go-to on really soft paint.

Is it a total mess to get on the pad? Yep! However, as a polishing product I find it works really well on soft Toyota and Honda paint.

I like the Optimum polishes, I was very disappointed they discontinued the creme/lotion polishes. Of course I have so many polishes I haven`t tried any of the "new" stuff from Griot`s etc. But I haven`t polished anything in forever except the bumper on one car that I scuffed BECAUSE I HAD TO TAKE THE BUMPER OFF TO CHANGE A HEADLIGHT BULB. Not that I`m bitter.

nan_wpg
10-19-2022, 11:17 AM
As I always like to say, they are a nice idea, and I haven`t used the McKee`s, but when I`m spraying the polish on the pad I always wind up with it on the machine, my arm, the car, the side of the house, etc. Plus the sprayers clog up and break.

this was me at first ,but you figure out how far to hold the sprayer so the “spray cone” is perfect. Yes I suppose I get a wee bit in the pad hole (if using rupes pads) but it’s minimal.

I use meguiars chemical resistant sprayers and never had a clog, but when I’m done I take the trigger out of the bottle, and spray into the bottle to clear the sprayer out.

I absolutely love my optimum spray polishes (haven’t tried other brands yet). So much so that I’m done with everything else.

it’s time anyway to thin the herd of chemicals