PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite/can`t live without product for detailing

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

sf_car_guy
05-22-2022, 05:19 PM
Fellow Autopia members, I`m well aware that the topic of everyone`s favorite detailing product has been discussed at length before, but I figured it couldn`t hurt to revive the topic once again.

My favorite product at the moment is the Rag Company FTW. I like to use this towel to wipe the paint and exterior glass down with either P&S Paint Gloss or Beadmaker after I blow dry the car. It`s super soft, very absorbent, and 100% smear free.

I look forward to reading your responses.

PA DETAILER
05-22-2022, 07:41 PM
Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax (https://www.autopia-carcare.com/hybrid-solutions-wet-wax.html)

craigdt
05-22-2022, 11:29 PM
Right now, Beadmaker.
I just got some not too long ago, missed most of the initial hype machine.

It`s not the best smelling, but it`s just easy to use and it just works for me. Think it surplanted Duragloss Aquawax for me.

Few years ago it would have been ONR.

Years before that, probably Poorboys Nattys Blue wax.

noorth
05-23-2022, 04:51 AM
Probably N914 or ech20. Have yet to try feynlab.

Tc99m
05-23-2022, 09:43 AM
I second N914. I use for it from the garage to the bathroom.:o

Lonnie
05-23-2022, 11:54 AM
It`s not a product, but a "tool": cotton swabs AKA, Q-Tips. Use them for getting into areas that ONLY that tool will do so efficiently, then throw `em away. On an interior-exterior detail, I might go through 50-100 of them easily, depending on how dirty the vehicle is that I am cleaning and detailing. Interiors are where I use them a lot in plastic panel seams, instrument panel seams, cooling/heating vents and louvers (a lot used there), rubber seals folds and troughs/channels, and door hinges and behind door handles and in key locks, or my biggest pet-peave, around switches and dash buttons or knobs, and the shift PRNDL cover in the center console and seat-belt female latches and release button, especially the "PUSH TO UNLOCK" embossed signage. I still think that the time getting into these areas and cleaning them is what separated the so-so detailers from the good detailers. Yes, it is time-consuming and there are the usual comments that nobody sees those areas or even pays attention to them, but I do and when someone tells you their interior looks brand-new, there`s a reason it does: I took the time-&-effort to make it look so.

wannafbody
05-23-2022, 12:35 PM
Car wash soap and water. Duragloss Rinseless, McKees, Zaino, CarPro, all good stuff.

sf_car_guy
05-23-2022, 06:55 PM
I second N914. I use for it from the garage to the bathroom.:o

Probably N914 or ech20. Have yet to try feynlab.

N914 is good stuff. I purchased a quart about 6mo ago, and it`s now my go to product for door jambs and waterless wash duties (mostly bird ****). I`m still on the fence about rinseless washing anything other than a slightly dirty car (eg. indoor dust from being parked overnight).

sf_car_guy
05-23-2022, 06:57 PM
It`s not a product, but a "tool": cotton swabs AKA, Q-Tips. Use them for getting into areas that ONLY that tool will do so efficiently, then throw `em away. On an interior-exterior detail, I might go through 50-100 of them easily, depending on how dirty the vehicle is that I am cleaning and detailing. Interiors are where I use them a lot in plastic panel seams, instrument panel seams, cooling/heating vents and louvers (a lot used there), rubber seals folds and troughs/channels, and door hinges and behind door handles and in key locks, or my biggest pet-peave, around switches and dash buttons or knobs, and the shift PRNDL cover in the center console and seat-belt female latches and release button, especially the "PUSH TO UNLOCK" embossed signage. I still think that the time getting into these areas and cleaning them is what separated the so-so detailers from the good detailers. Yes, it is time-consuming and there are the usual comments that nobody sees those areas or even pays attention to them, but I do and when someone tells you their interior looks brand-new, there`s a reason it does: I took the time-&-effort to make it look so.

I too keep a box of q-tips around for tight areas like you mentioned. A lot of people don`t realize how much the little details make a difference.

sf_car_guy
05-23-2022, 07:00 PM
Car wash soap and water. Duragloss Rinseless, McKees, Zaino, CarPro, all good stuff.

Question regarding CarPro Reset:
I`m a long time user of Adam`s Car Shampoo, and I`ve heard nothing but good things about Reset. My question is whether it is actually materially better than other nice soaps for far less money? Would be great if anyone who has experience could comment.

bcgreen
05-23-2022, 07:25 PM
I`m a long time user of Adam`s Car Shampoo, and I`ve heard nothing but good things about Reset. My question is whether it is actually materially better than other nice soaps for far less money? Would be great if anyone who has experience could comment.

I am curious as well.

bcgreen
05-23-2022, 07:45 PM

I am curious as well.

Coatings=crack
05-24-2022, 01:10 AM
N914 is good stuff. I purchased a quart about 6mo ago, and it`s now my go to product for door jambs and waterless wash duties (mostly bird ****). I`m still on the fence about rinseless washing anything other than a slightly dirty car (eg. indoor dust from being parked overnight).

If you can bucket wash every time you should. A lot more lubrication from the water. You should only rinseless when you can’t bucket wash.

Now do I follow that recommendation… no, not so worried about a little marring but I should….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coatings=crack
05-24-2022, 01:16 AM

I do feel as the Reset leaves car cleaner than Adam’s. What’s your LSP though? Car Pro states Reset may degrade waxes and sealants.

Not knocking the Adam’s but I feel the Reset and Tac Systems Mystic Bubble are in a different league.

Bilt Hamber AutoWash cleans as well but gets knocked down a notch for slickness.

wannafbody
05-24-2022, 09:02 AM
If you can bucket wash every time you should. A lot more lubrication from the water. You should only rinseless when you can’t bucket wash.

Now do I follow that recommendation… no, not so worried about a little marring but I should….

I`m a bit skeptical that rinseless washing can be micromarring free unless it`s just light dust unless you rinse the car off first with a hose.