PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots in Ceramic Coating

AnonCanadian
05-15-2022, 01:03 PM
Hi guys,

My car has water spots (just seems to be in ceramic coating, not in the paint) which wipe off with a MF towel and quick detailer. This is.. time consuming out of a wash experience.

I plan to wash my car tomorrow (2 bucket method) and am wondering, if just a wash mit will be enough to wipe off the water spots OR if I should correct them with quick detailer before the full wash?

I paid for a full detail and they left water spots on hood, front fenders (on PPF too) and a pillars... they said they were there before but definitely weren`t

Thanks in advance!

Stokdgs
05-15-2022, 02:59 PM
If they left water spots on all those places, then they have to remove them... If they do not want to, and you have proof they were not there, then I would tell them you are taking them to court (small claims court)...And then you have to follow through with it, if they still refuse..

If these water spots wipe off, then perhaps it is the water, rain, itself that is the problem, and not the coating...

I don`t understand what you mean when you say they come off, but you may correct them with quick detailer...

I would never want to rub anything into the paint without first running a lot of water over it and a nice, really slippery soap, like CarPro Reset, etc...

Any time you rub the paint, you run the risk of introducing scratches, all sizes, and depths, into your paint...

Personally, I would not have paid for this in the first place, after inspecting it, before paying for it...

Good luck with this..
Dan F

Dan
05-19-2022, 07:52 AM
If they come off with just a QD, they aren’t etched water spots and should easily wash off.

Desertnate
05-19-2022, 11:28 AM
If they come off with just a QD, they aren’t etched water spots and should easily wash off.

My thoughts exactly. Depending on the environment, you`ll get those kinds of water spots regardless of the LSP. Dust on the surface of the car will concentrate in the water droplets and then will remain when the water evaporates. This sounds like what you`ve got and it will simply wash away.

The bad ones are from municipal water like a sprinkler and those will be harder to remove due to the dried mineral deposits from the water. I`ve had to polish them out of a car covered with a sealant before.