PDA

View Full Version : Ppf/clear bra

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Bull6791
05-11-2022, 02:38 PM
I want to get a clear bra for my car. What brand is a really good ppf/ clear bra. Thanks.

981 Cayman S
05-11-2022, 03:22 PM
Buy the installer, not the particular brand of PPF they use. Quality shops will use quality products they have had long term success with and installation is the key to PPF happiness, not the particular brand. I have one car done with STEK Dynoshield, another done with XPEL Ultimate Plus and the difference between them is negligible as far as aesthetics & functionality go. Should you run into issues down the road, the installer is your first line of defense, not the mfg. Pick a quality installer and everything else will fall into place.

Bull6791
05-11-2022, 03:34 PM
My friend Dan has a 3M clear bra. He really likes it. A lot of places in my area sell xpel. It’s more expensive than 3M

Bull6791
05-13-2022, 05:24 AM
Do any one have a clear bra on there car and like it. If so what brand do you have. Looking to get a really good clear bra. Thank

PoisonTheWell
05-13-2022, 10:45 AM
There was one on my car when I bought it, I personally hate it because whatever it is, is thick, going yellow and hazy, and only goes half-way up my hood. I`d recommend a full wrap because I hate lines in the middle of panels.

Bull6791
05-20-2022, 11:36 AM
I guess not many people have ppf/clear bra on their car.

981 Cayman S
05-20-2022, 12:33 PM
I guess not many people have ppf/clear bra on their car.But some of us who do, love it! Allows me to be even lazier w care (the self-healing is very real). Cost sucks but PPF also allows for peace of mind in that I`ve done EVERYTHING I possibly can to maintain cars good looks so now I can drive the snot out of it knowing that if something does happen...oh well, nothing more I coulda done to prevent it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Bull6791
05-20-2022, 04:41 PM
Cayman. Most places in my area install xpel films. You had it before. How did you like it.
My friend Dan got 3M ppf on his new truck recently. He likes it a lot but it hard to find a place that does 3M. Most places in my do xpel films. That’s why I ask how you like it. Also I don’t know a lot about ppf so I don’t know what is a good price. Thanks.

JSFM35X
05-21-2022, 03:09 AM
I have XPEL ultimate. Very happy.

Had 3M prior and it was also good.

Go with installer and written warranty.

Bull6791
05-21-2022, 03:55 AM
In my area of PA it’s hard to find 3M. All the shops I called do xpel. I don’t know what is a good price. It seems like xpel is more money than 3M

981 Cayman S
05-21-2022, 10:52 AM
Cayman. Most places in my area install xpel films. You had it before. How did you like it.

Our STEK was done in April of 2019, our XPEL in April of 2021...I am still enjoying both equally and unless I knew which was on which car, I very likely wouldn`t be able to tell the difference. IF i had used a mediocre installer for one and a great installer for the other, the differences would be significant.

It`s all about the installer, not the label on the box of PPF they choose to use.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Bull6791
05-21-2022, 12:28 PM
I guess it’s all about the install. Thanks.

PearTree
05-21-2022, 12:39 PM
I have xpel, the installer is the only thing you should worry about brand doesn’t matter. All films are good these days with long warranties. Find the best installer in your area you can afford.

Bull6791
05-21-2022, 12:55 PM
Pear tree. Thank for the info. I never had ppf on my car before so I did not know all brands were good. Also I don’t even know what is a good or bad price. Thanks for reiterating the point it’s all about the installer. Thanks.

mobiledynamics
05-21-2022, 02:30 PM
I swore I have sworn off PPF.....

If you ever remove it....look at the film removed. It is -hydroscopic-. You will see how much or not -clear- it is relative when you remove it.
Great for protection....though.

I`ve had it installed buy what I`ve considered one of the best crews if not the 1st ones doing this before it was even --popular--.
In some area`s where I`ve removed film....I have seen primer. The cuts are somewhat masked due to film. YMMV