PDA

View Full Version : Can I apply CanCoat Evo on top of an existing coating?

06vrss
03-30-2022, 03:33 PM
Specifically, Blackfire Pro Ceramic Coating. It`s about 8 months old and I`m wondering if I can top it with CanCoat. I`m really intrigued by the new Evo formulation as I`ve used the old CanCoat with good results. If possible Id like to try to just do a chemical decon and a prep wipedown and apply CanCoat. I see that in the description it is said that it can be used as a topper but I`m wondering if this only applies to other Gyeon coatings or basically any coating? Has anyone tried this? TIA.

The Guz
03-30-2022, 07:15 PM
It can be applied over any coating.

06vrss
03-30-2022, 07:47 PM
Thank you.

Coatings=crack
03-31-2022, 04:53 PM
Specifically, Blackfire Pro Ceramic Coating. It`s about 8 months old and I`m wondering if I can top it with CanCoat. I`m really intrigued by the new Evo formulation as I`ve used the old CanCoat with good results. If possible Id like to try to just do a chemical decon and a prep wipedown and apply CanCoat. I see that in the description it is said that it can be used as a topper but I`m wondering if this only applies to other Gyeon coatings or basically any coating? Has anyone tried this? TIA.

Did the same thing with Cancoat over CqUK3 after a year….. my car blew up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coatings=crack
03-31-2022, 04:53 PM
Jk it came out great.

06vrss
04-01-2022, 07:59 AM
Did the same thing with Cancoat over CqUK3 after a year….. my car blew up.

What did you do to prep? Just a chemical decon?

Coatings=crack
04-01-2022, 10:28 AM

Iron remover,
tar remover
alkaline snowfoam dwell
Alkaline bucket wash
Reset bucket wash

Used Mckee’s Coating prep for Alky soap which isn’t available anymore on AG. DP makes one i believe.

The Guz
04-01-2022, 12:21 PM

A simple decon wash will suffice followed by a panel wipe.