PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to FK425

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Coatings=crack
01-01-2022, 02:06 AM
I’ve used OCW over the FK1000p without issue. I tried Griots Ceramic Speed Shine and the Sonax and DP Ceramic Detail Sprays. All 3 did not play well with the FK. All 3 were grabby and just not slick.

Probs the Ceramic. Try the old school speed shine. Still one of the best QD’s around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craigdt
01-01-2022, 11:14 AM
why not suggest Fast Clean & Shine

I kind of think QD`s are obsolete in our era of waterless washes

I agree!
Seems like there`s some narrower use cases where a QD may be helpful, but we have so many awesome rinseless/waterless products now.

I was out of the loop for about 5 years, tried to get caught back up, got a bunch of new rinseless/waterless products, then realized "wait, I don`t have any QD`s like I used to back in the day. But... they are basically worthless to me now".

OP-
You got some really good feedback above, and most of it I`ll echo.

DG Rinseless w/ Aquawax- versatile. mix it more diluted than the suggested ratio for an easy working product. Seems like really good protection for what it is.
Ultima Waterless- smells great, just works.
Wolfgang Uber- really slick. Some small protection, IMO. Less than DG or UWW (I think...) Probably more QD-like.

Accumulator
01-01-2022, 02:19 PM
I’ve used OCW over the FK1000p without issue..

Is it also OK *under* the FK...as in "won`t mess with adding more FK1000P later"?

jdover
01-01-2022, 02:43 PM
Is it also OK *under* the FK...as in "won`t mess with adding more FK1000P later"?

Thank you for all this great information. OCW is readily available in Canada so to try and answer Accumulator`s question I am going to buy a bottle and apply it to half of the hood over the existing FK1000P and apply FK425 on the other half.

I will wait for 3 or 4 days and then apply a coat of FK1000P over the entire hood and see if there is any difference. Not very scientific but should tell the story.

I will post the results.

Older
01-01-2022, 07:23 PM

No issues with adding more FK in the spring or fall.

Older
01-01-2022, 07:29 PM
Probs the Ceramic. Try the old school speed shine. Still one of the best QD’s around.

Since I’ve been doing Rinseless Washes, the old Speed Shine just sits there unused. It’s just OK over the FK, nothing special. UWW works much better for me. Slicker and cleans better with less effort.

Accumulator
01-05-2022, 02:25 PM
Older- Though I used *many* gallons of SpeedShine in the past, I ended up giving away my last gallon of it as I just prefer all my other QDs/RWs.

Coatings=crack
01-06-2022, 09:43 PM
I haven’t found a waterless, even Ech20, that could match the gloss of speedshine. Just got to many QD’s that i’ve tried that i now jave to use up but will probably circle back around.

Accumulator
01-09-2022, 05:30 PM
No issues with adding more FK in the spring or fall. Ah, OK, good! Thanks for confirming that.

jdover
01-18-2022, 05:01 PM
Thank you for all this great information. OCW is readily available in Canada so to try and answer Accumulator`s question I am going to buy a bottle and apply it to half of the hood over the existing FK1000P and apply FK425 on the other half.

I will wait for 3 or 4 days and then apply a coat of FK1000P over the entire hood and see if there is any difference. Not very scientific but should tell the story.

I will post the results.

There are no issues adding FK1000P over OCW. Both sides of the hood look and feel the same, slick with deep shine.

Accumulator
01-19-2022, 03:50 PM
There are no issues adding FK1000P over OCW. Both sides of the hood look and feel the same, slick with deep shine. Now it`s *my* turn to thank *you* for the good info :D The FK1000P sure isn`t finicky about what it`s applied over top of!

WaxAddict
02-06-2022, 09:57 PM
I haven’t found a waterless, even Ech20, that could match the gloss of speedshine. Just got to many QD’s that i’ve tried that i now jave to use up but will probably circle back around.

Try a bottle of Best of Show Detailer. It has that "just waxed" look, but it`s a strict QD, not a WW.

William_Wallace
02-07-2022, 08:22 AM
Duragloss aqua wax gets my vote

Older
02-13-2022, 06:51 PM
FYI: AMMO NYC FROTHe and Hydrate play well with FK 1000p, too.

Accumulator
02-17-2022, 04:44 PM
Older- It might almost be easier to say what *doesn`t* work with the FK!