PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Grills Rusted...

Tex735
08-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Anyone know where I can find a company that sells touchup paint for interior pieces? I have an `03 Silverado and the Bose metal speaker grills have some rust forming on them from opening the door in the rain. I would really like to refinish them with the original color paint, if I can find it. Thanks.

Beemerboy
08-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Anyone know where I can find a company that sells touchup paint for interior pieces? I have an `03 Silverado and the Bose metal speaker grills have some rust forming on them from opening the door in the rain. I would really like to refinish them with the original color paint, if I can find it. Thanks.

Are they the same color as the door panels?

Tex Star Detail
08-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Try contacting the Dealership

Tex735
08-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah, they are the same color as the door panels. I`m pretty sure that the dealer will just try to sell me new grills $$$!!

Beemerboy
08-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, they are the same color as the door panels. I`m pretty sure that the dealer will just try to sell me new grills $$$!!

Tex you need the color code off the door jamb....This link has aerosol cans of OEM colors...I have not brought from them so can`t say if how they do on matching....however I`ve saved this link for those times that I`ve needed it

http://www.expresspaint.com/productcart/pc/viewCat_P.asp?idCategory=4

Maxima Lover
08-01-2006, 06:52 PM
It might be cheaper and easier to just buy the covers online instead of going through the hassle of painting them.

Tex735
08-02-2006, 10:32 AM
I don`t think that the color code for the speaker grills is on the door, unfortunately. All of these trucks come in only two colors for the door panels: grey or tan. Mine is grey. I guess I will have to look for new grills online (wish me luck). Thanks for the replys.