PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Tried Megs New Consumer Line Hybrid Paint Coating?

Lonnie
11-04-2021, 07:50 AM
As I was perusing the automotive car-care products aisle at a local Meijer`s big-box store, I came across Meguiar`s new Hybrid Paint Coating; G210300 Kit. For the retail price of $60.00, it is in the upper realm price-wise of most "average" car-care consumers who will be present in a big-box store like Meijer`s looking for car-care products. But for an easy-to-use consumer-applied (Meg`s description, not mine) pro-grade (Meg`s title, again!) coating, I am wondering if it is any good.
Yes, it is on Meguiar`s website as a new product offering and you can read the advertising information for yourself (Sorry, no links due to forum rules).

So if any Autopian antes up the more serious coin to purchase and try out this consumer-line (Meg`s calls it "retail", since it is available over-the-counter at retail stores), please let myself and us Autopians know what your thoughts and evaluation is of this coating.
I have always been a supporter and user of Meg`s products, even the "retail" line, but with so many offerings on true coatings (not the spray-on "coatings" I call imitation!), it seems like a natural progression for Meg`s to get in the coating game and offer something like this without being too costly (AKA, value-priced to appeal to the "average" car-care product consumer).
Is it a good value for a "true" coating? That `s what I would like to know and why I would like some feedback and opinions from my esteemed and highly-regarded Autopians.
(As usual, Captain Obvious trying to get Autopians to spend THEIR car-care product purchasing budget, not his!)

Dan
11-04-2021, 08:02 AM
It looked interesting to me as well but Meg`s has always let me down on durability. Sunny CA is a lot easier on LSPs than the east coast. At a similar price point to CQUK, I erased the idea from my mind.

PA DETAILER
11-04-2021, 09:20 AM
Underrated/Overlooked: Meguiar (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/130201-underrated-overlooked-meguiar-s-hybrid-paint-coating.html)

Setec Astronomy
11-04-2021, 10:53 AM
It looked interesting to me as well but Meg`s has always let me down on durability.

They just came out with a Ceramic Trim Coating for SEMA. Over on MOL, someone asked about durability--they said 3 months. Heck, I think I get that from WETS.

Dan
11-04-2021, 11:38 AM
They just came out with a Ceramic Trim Coating for SEMA. Over on MOL, someone asked about durability--they said 3 months. Heck, I think I get that from WETS.

If they say 3 months, I`d probably get 1.

Coatings=crack
11-04-2021, 09:36 PM
It can be bought from local AutoZone’s and Advanced Auto’s for around $33. Everyone who tries it seems to love it.

In the thread posted by PA my only issue is it seems to apply like Gyeon CanCoat, may even perform like cancoat….. you get about 1/5 the applications of CanCoat.

You can get 2 good applications to one car per Meguiars. You could get 8-10 applications from Gyeon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CleanIt
11-05-2021, 08:31 AM
It appears to be a sleeper, but as Coatings said better value can be had with CanCoat.

William_Wallace
11-12-2021, 10:17 AM
It’s good happy with easy application, I got for $33.

Setec Astronomy
11-12-2021, 10:36 AM
Is this on closeout at Walmart yet?

William_Wallace
11-12-2021, 10:55 AM
Don’t know it’s easy to use which I like!!!
best durability- Cquartz lite > cancoat > adams I don’t know where it would fit in hopefully it lasts as long as cancoat.
ease of use- Adams > Meguiars > cancoat > Cquartz lite.

Initial beading they all are the same good high beads with exception to meguiars and adams they slick and cancoat and Cquartz have the more traditional coating feel.

If it stayed around $35 I would buy again.

I fudged up a can coat application once on a hood by applying like a normal coating and not following instructions it was like super glue. But when following instructions it’s nice and easy. To anyone who is about to buy and use can coat great products save yourself the headache follow instructions.

wannafbody
11-12-2021, 04:38 PM
I got 6 months out of Wolfgang SCC. Meguiars always seems to produce run of the mill products. Nothing I`ve tried has been overly impressive.

Coatings=crack
11-13-2021, 01:32 AM
Don’t know it’s easy to use which I like!!!
best durability- Cquartz lite > cancoat > adams I don’t know where it would fit in hopefully it lasts as long as cancoat.
ease of use- Adams > Meguiars > cancoat > Cquartz lite.

Initial beading they all are the same good high beads with exception to meguiars and adams they slick and cancoat and Cquartz have the more traditional coating feel.

If it stayed around $35 I would buy again.

I fudged up a can coat application once on a hood by applying like a normal coating and not following instructions it was like super glue. But when following instructions it’s nice and easy. To anyone who is about to buy and use can coat great products save yourself the headache follow instructions.

By normal coating do you mean you let it sit/flash?

William_Wallace
11-15-2021, 03:23 PM
By normal coating do you mean you let it sit/flash?

yes cross hatch with block and suede before the auto fiber saver invention. Flashed fast on me and I big mess

Coatings=crack
11-15-2021, 03:34 PM
yes cross hatch with block and suede before the auto fiber saver invention. Flashed fast on me and I big mess

That’s what I love about this hobby. I applied it normally and it was a mess of high spots and ineven application. So i switch to doing it with a saver.