PDA

View Full Version : Does it get any easier than CarPro Hydro2Foam?

jem7sk
05-07-2021, 08:38 AM
I`m looking for a very quick and simple way to maintain protection on cars in Florida and South Texas. I`ve just discovered CarPro Hydro2Foam through a video by Apex Detail. Doesn`t look like it gets much easier than that and should protect the plastic as well as the paint?

Basically, my dad is 74 and washes his and my mom`s cars (new Acura and Lexus SUVs) when they need it.. at least once a month. He washes with the hose and a bucket of store bought car suds and a mitt of some sort. That`s all he ever does or ever has done. It would seem to me, if he used the hydro2foam in his bucket he`d be getting some good protection too as long as he doesn`t let it dry on the car.

What do you all think? I wouldn`t even mind using it after I polish my cars so I don`t have to do any extra work after that stage and can maintain the shine and protection as long as possible.

https://youtu.be/pg2O1dnBkpo

The Guz
05-07-2021, 10:14 AM
It does work. Only thing to keep in mind is to not use it in the sun or let it dry on the surface as it will streak that requires a bit of work to remove.

glen e
05-07-2021, 11:34 AM
I think it’s all your personal preference. I don’t like Hydrofoam, I have a bottle of it here I’d much rather use carPro Ech20 rinseless as I think it’s a more precise application. I don’t like washing and waxing all in one stroke. And I’ve had to use a buffer sometimes when I get a splash on another panel that I didn’t see by using Hydrofoam.

Rsurfer
05-07-2021, 11:50 AM
I think it’s all your personal preference. I don’t like Hydrofoam, I have a bottle of it here I’d much rather use carPro Ech20 rinseless as I think it’s a more precise application. I don’t like washing and waxing all in one stroke. And I’ve had to use a buffer sometimes when I get a splash on another panel that I didn’t see by using Hydrofoam.

Did you mean Ech2O?

top189h
05-07-2021, 11:54 AM
I think Ech2o is probably the nicest and easiest to use year round and in the sun. It`s nice to go panel by panel with. Hydro2 would have it beat if you had a garage or well shaded spot to work in. I just hate stopping to dry a panel 5 times to keep it from getting water spots if it is too hot or sunny.

The Guz
05-07-2021, 02:08 PM
EcH20 won`t leave protection like hydro2foam.

GearHead_1
05-07-2021, 06:50 PM
Our good friend Ron Hirschthal turned me on to HydroFoam what is now a long time ago. He did that with so many products. It`s about as easy as it gets.

I remember him saying to me, "I don`t have time to pull wheels and seal the barrels". :) You do have to pay attention and make sure it is thoroughly rinsed and doesn`t dry on you. I`ve had a bottle in the cabinet ever since.

Every time I use it or even see the bottle I think of Ron. Man, I miss him. Stephen (Ron`s son) has done a great job of keeping in touch with me and that helps a lot.

Swanicyouth
05-08-2021, 07:19 AM
The stuff is great for wheels. All I use on wheels as well. The drawback is, you really can not use it effectively in the sun on pain, as it will leave spots

mc2hill
05-18-2021, 09:19 AM
The stuff is great for wheels. All I use on wheels as well. The drawback is, you really can not use it effectively in the sun on pain, as it will leave spots

I just picked this up for wheels, but have yet to try it. Glad to hear you have had good results.