PDA

View Full Version : Polisher broke give me your opinion on brands.

Pages : [1] 2

William_Wallace
04-03-2021, 02:40 PM
My only 21mm polisher broke after several years. It is a shurhold 21mm 3500 pro. I bought this because shurhold is a boat polishing company and the machine is known for being high torque. Rupes is known to be smooth. This polisher is known for ability to not stall out with downward pressure. I do like it. Please give your advice.

I can send it back to be fixed for $69 plus shipping

or

buy the Griots New 21mm and get lifetime warranty around.

Or

Makita pc5000 c forced rotation with da secondary switch.

William_Wallace
04-03-2021, 02:41 PM
My only 21mm polisher broke after several years. It is a shurhold 21mm 3500 pro. I bought this because shurhold is a boat polishing company and the machine is known for being high torque. Rupes is known to be smooth. This polisher is known for ability to not stall out with downward pressure. I do like it. Please give your advice.

I can send it back to be fixed for $69 plus shipping

or

buy the Griots New 21mm and get lifetime warranty around.

Or

Makita pc5000 c forced rotation with da secondary switch.

Thank you in advance.

wannafbody
04-03-2021, 07:41 PM
Depends on how much you use the machine. I`m sure the Griots is a nice unit.

re-tired
04-03-2021, 09:37 PM
Rupes
You cant go wrong

William_Wallace
04-03-2021, 09:40 PM
It’s hard to say 300 hours a year. I’m not using it 8 hours straight or always doing 2 steps. I do more a one steps. I use it extra down force. I maintain them at least once a year new brushes, strip and clean grime and then swap out the grease. I have a forced rotation, rotary and smaller throw dad’s. Sometime I’ll cut with the forced rotation or rotary other time the 21 is nice and easy on the arms and joints. At least for me and the way I detail the forced rotation is noticeable faster but more physical

William_Wallace
04-03-2021, 09:43 PM
Rupes
You cant go wrong
It was originally in the mix but the griots cheaper price and warranty is why I would probably get that

John U
04-03-2021, 10:04 PM
If you like it..... $69 + ship you`ll have it fixed or most likely a new one sent back.

Coatings=crack
04-04-2021, 12:08 AM
As much as you use and if you are thinking forced rotation alot of pros use the flex. I would think you’d like the griots.

Some who use alot like the Rupes for smoothness. If the shurhold is smooth enough, griots or flex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Older
04-04-2021, 08:34 AM
I agree with John U. If you like the Shurhold, it`s hard to go wrong for $69.00.

William_Wallace
04-04-2021, 09:47 AM
Shurhold fix it is I think that’s reasonable. Thank you for comments

Coatings=crack
04-04-2021, 04:00 PM
The only problem I see with fix is it’s still out of warranty. It’s been used alot so other parts might be on the verge of going.

Another problem, another $69.

That could be a $69 discount on a g21.

Ultimately getting a g21 and having the repaired Shurhold as a back up would be ideal incase polisher goes out in the future.

As a enthusiast if my g15 goes out it sucks but it’s my car, I can put off till later. Not a great option if it’s a customer

John U
04-04-2021, 05:48 PM
The only problem I see with fix is it’s still out of warranty. It’s been used alot so other parts might be on the verge of going.

That`s a good thought. But at the cost of employees, they cannot afford to do a deep trouble shoot/fix beyond a basic check on $200 retail machine with a landed cost of probably $50. They`ll send out a new one and most of the cost is covered by the $69. A more expensive machine like a Rupes would justify a repair staff.

Coatings=crack
04-04-2021, 08:11 PM
That`s a good thought. But at the cost of employees, they cannot afford to do a deep trouble shoot/fix beyond a basic check on $200 retail machine with a landed cost of probably $50. They`ll send out a new one and most of the cost is covered by the $69. A more expensive machine like a Rupes would justify a repair staff.

Most times when i’ve seen repairs to hand power tools.... you send yours in and you get a refurbished one not new. Could end with one months or years old.

I based my comments on OP stating he could send back for repair for $59. Not recieve a new one. I gotta think a warranty that is replacing with new woulda let him know and tell him they’d repair it.

Didn’t see plus shipping... even more reason to buy a Griots

Good question to ask Shurholds warranty dept OP.

William_Wallace
04-05-2021, 06:20 AM
@$69 they fix up to two issues if it’s more than 2 issues u get a new one I bought this when DA pad stalling was a big issue. The pad stall issue is a thing of the past but this one for some reason is very torque happy.

felixthecat
04-06-2021, 08:59 AM
I agree with John U. If you like the Shurhold, it`s hard to go wrong for $69.00.
X3........