PDA

View Full Version : Don`t you get tired of customers...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Maxima Lover
07-29-2006, 02:29 PM
...asking if you can "buff out" paint chips on the bumpers after they`ve hit something.

...telling you over the phone that their car "isn`t that dirty" when it`s really a mess.

What else do you get tired of customers doing/saying?

Sparkie
07-29-2006, 02:48 PM
...asking if you can "buff out" paint chips on the bumpers after they`ve hit something.

...telling you over the phone that their car "isn`t that dirty" when it`s really a mess.

What else do you get tired of customers doing/saying?

Yea, I`ve heard that over and over, I don`t know how many times!
I give them the price on a basic detail, they will tell me that they can go down town and get one for like 35 bucks. I would say, thanks for calling, have a nice day.

LikeaRock
07-29-2006, 02:53 PM
I`ve never had someone ask me if I could buff out something like that, but they`ve asked me if my wax will "hide" their door dings :bubba

It`s always a great laugh when the people who make fun of you for being so concerned about caring for your car finally ask you to detail theirs, I always get achuckle out of that

Jngrbrdman
07-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Something that irks me that really probably shouldn`t, is when a customer brings me a car that is totally thrashed inside and out. It takes all afternoon to clean it up and repair their years of neglect. Then when they come to pick it up they suddenly become detail oriented and point out a spot on the tire that didn`t get glossed because it was on the bottom when you glossed them or something like that. It shouldn`t bother me, and what it really does is just motivate me to be more thorough, but it ticks me off still the same. If they were so detail oriented then their car wouldn`t have looked like a dump when I got it. They obviously have no appreciation for how much work it is to transform a heap like that, so really, where do they get off nit picking? Again, it shouldn`t bug me since they are the boss and they are paying for perfection, but it does anyway.

Chris_DBS
07-29-2006, 03:51 PM
I feel your pain Jngrbrdman, I do a bit of work for dealers unfortunatly and they are the worst at that, the other day I did a solid black "A" class benz that was trashed and spent ages on the paint only to take it back and cause the mats were a bit damp he took them out and laid them over the bonnet of another black car I did the week before.

I think why do I bother? "`cause I detail as if I own them" when I dont have a busy schedule I spend the time on them regardless of who owns them.

But that just sh&*s me to tears

Maxima Lover
07-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Yea, I`ve heard that over and over, I don`t know how many times!
I give them the price on a basic detail, they will tell me that they can go down town and get one for like 35 bucks. I would say, thanks for calling, have a nice day.

Sometimes I wish they had taken it to a cheap place like that first so I had something to work with. I`m not their trash man.

I`ve never had someone ask me if I could buff out something like that, but they`ve asked me if my wax will "hide" their door dings :bubba

It`s always a great laugh when the people who make fun of you for being so concerned about caring for your car finally ask you to detail theirs, I always get achuckle out of that

You mean you don`t have the special door-ding-hiding-wax? What kind of detailer are you? LOL

Something that irks me that really probably shouldn`t, is when a customer brings me a car that is totally thrashed inside and out. It takes all afternoon to clean it up and repair their years of neglect. Then when they come to pick it up they suddenly become detail oriented and point out a spot on the tire that didn`t get glossed because it was on the bottom when you glossed them or something like that. It shouldn`t bother me, and what it really does is just motivate me to be more thorough, but it ticks me off still the same. If they were so detail oriented then their car wouldn`t have looked like a dump when I got it. They obviously have no appreciation for how much work it is to transform a heap like that, so really, where do they get off nit picking? Again, it shouldn`t bug me since they are the boss and they are paying for perfection, but it does anyway.

I know what you mean. They should just be happy with a wash and vac. They`re also the type of people that will bring it back in 6 months looking the same as when they brought it to you the first time.

TrueDetailer
07-29-2006, 04:21 PM
I get tired of being asked what kind of wax i use.

joyriide1113
07-29-2006, 04:32 PM
A friends DAD is know it all and when he ask me what I use, I tell him EARWAX.

Jngrbrdman
07-29-2006, 04:45 PM
I had a know it all at work ask me what wax I used and I told him `your mom`. :lol:

CARTfan
07-29-2006, 07:17 PM
I had a know it all at work ask me what wax I used and I told him `your mom`. :lol:

LOL, awesome!!!

Brenton
07-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I get all kinds of questions about scratch repair.
I tell the, "Use the rule of thumb: if you can fill it with your thumb when you rub it, or if you can get your thumbnail in there, it can`t be buffed out. Other than that, we`ll see."

I`m tired of most everything.

DLR Detailing
07-29-2006, 07:34 PM
How about when a vehicle is so neglected that it takes 20 min. to remove the junk and trash out of it so you can start work.

When you "unearth" some type of very permanent red stain after an hour of extracting the carpet only to have the customer ask when she picks up her car "Where did that stain come from, it wasn`t there before you cleaned it?

Saved the one I just heard for last... "Can I mail you the money, I left my checkbook at home"? :lmfao
Dave

detailz
07-29-2006, 08:19 PM
I guess the one question I get that irks the hell out of me and I continually rant to my team is:
a phone call at 3p " is my car ready?". "NO!!!! As I said when you called for your appt, courtesy call night before and this morning at drop-off, YOUR CAR WILL BE READY FOR PICK-UP BETWEEN 430 AND 445P!!!" Absolutely amazes me, I even tell people we will not call them to tell them their vehicle is ready. We have it down to a science and unlike a body or repair shop, we are not relying on arrival of parts. Pains me to think of the wasted time of finding the phone,then fielding these phone calls because they did not listen 3 times. Sometimes I just want to tell them "it will be ready when I told you" and hang up. I really could go on. IBMS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparkie
07-29-2006, 08:22 PM
I guess the one question I get that irks the hell out of me and I continually rant to my team is:
a phone call at 3p " is my car ready?". "NO!!!! As I said when you called for your appt, courtesy call night before and this morning at drop-off, YOUR CAR WILL BE READY FOR PICK-UP BETWEEN 430 AND 445P!!!" Absolutely amazes me, I even tell people we will not call them to tell them their vehicle is ready. We have it down to a science and unlike a body or repair shop, we are not relying on arrival of parts. Pains me to think of the wasted time of finding the phone,then fielding these phone calls because they did not listen 3 times. Sometimes I just want to tell them "it will be ready when I told you" and hang up. I really could go on. IBMS!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

ajbarnes
07-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Saved the one I just heard for last... "Can I mail you the money, I left my checkbook at home"? :lmfao
Dave

I wouldn`t know how to react to that!!