PDA

View Full Version : Pressure hose upgrade

Pages : [1] 2

noorth
03-18-2021, 06:01 PM
Hi Folks, i just ordered the Simoniz Platinum 1800 PSI Compact Electric Pressure Washer from Canadian tire. Its the same pressure washer has the new CAT pressure washer and Active VE52.

I`m looking to upgrade the hose. I`ve been looking at Tool Daily`s 50ft quick connect hose on amazon and the MTM Kobrajet. Is the MTM worth it for a weekend warrior? Its literally double the price of tool daily.

Anyone aware of any other options? I really like to get a hose that has the 3/8 QC`s however. Makes it much more simpler for my M22-15 fittings.

Thanks!!

Loach
03-18-2021, 09:22 PM
My Kobrajet hose has been one of the best buys I`ve made over the years. I was running a Ryobi unit at the house, swapped out the stock line and gun with an MTM SGS-28 pressure gun with the built in swivel and threw the 3/8" Kobrajet hose on with all the quick disconnect fittings and it`s been an awesome setup. I bought from Obsessed Garage after Matt did all the pressure washer testing, and the fittings were already installed on the Kobrajet hose when it came in.

I don`t have any knowledge of Tool Daily`s setup. I remember seeing reports on the Active VE52 pressure washers when they were discovered and saw some great GPM numbers. Keep up posted on how the Simoniz washer holds up.

noorth
03-18-2021, 10:05 PM
My Kobrajet hose has been one of the best buys I`ve made over the years. I was running a Ryobi unit at the house, swapped out the stock line and gun with an MTM SGS-28 pressure gun with the built in swivel and threw the 3/8" Kobrajet hose on with all the quick disconnect fittings and it`s been an awesome setup. I bought from Obsessed Garage after Matt did all the pressure washer testing, and the fittings were already installed on the Kobrajet hose when it came in.

I don`t have any knowledge of Tool Daily`s setup. I remember seeing reports on the Active VE52 pressure washers when they were discovered and saw some great GPM numbers. Keep up posted on how the Simoniz washer holds up.

Cool, i`ve been looking over the black kobrajet, its actually only about 25USD more then the tool daily.

I was looking at the grey one with the premium fittings and swivel that was double the tool daily.

All on a canadian detailing site.

Wknd Dtlr
03-18-2021, 10:28 PM
Make sure you get a single wire type. It won`t be as stiff. That`s the style OG sells. Kobrajet offers a black or gray one that is single wire and less expensive, as you saw from your search. Also, look for one that is non-marring. That`s another feature of the kobrajet OG sells.

noorth
03-19-2021, 02:06 AM
I since bought the Bravex foam cannon and Creexeon gun from amazon. I`m going to use the original hose for a while but i will most likely end up getting the kobrajet.

Can`t wait to get home!

Coatings=crack
03-19-2021, 02:46 AM
I’ve got a 50’ flexzilla I’m happy with unrolls easily doesn’t kink.... was $35 off of the A. Been greay last two years and perfect for a weekend warrior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noorth
03-19-2021, 03:00 AM
I’ve got a 50’ flexzilla I’m happy with unrolls easily doesn’t kink.... was $35 off of the A. Been greay last two years and perfect for a weekend warrior.

Seems like a good hose. But by the time i got one off amazon and got the 3/8 quick connects it would be just has expensive has the entry level kobrajet in canada at least. The kobrajet hose is pre-fitted with 2 male 3/8 NPT thread.

And besides i only like seeing green in the forest! :D Green is one of my least favorite colors for consumer goods....lol

Coatings=crack
03-20-2021, 02:30 AM
Seems like a good hose. But by the time i got one off amazon and got the 3/8 quick connects it would be just has expensive has the entry level kobrajet in canada at least. The kobrajet hose is pre-fitted with 2 male 3/8 NPT thread.

And besides i only like seeing green in the forest! :D Green is one of my least favorite colors for consumer goods....lol

$70 cheapest i could find plus shipping ($8). My set up was about $46 all in.

MTM had a 40% off sale during Christmas. Shoulda looked at hoses.

Curioso
03-24-2021, 11:46 AM
Uberflex is similar to flexzilla and it`s blue.

noorth
03-24-2021, 08:41 PM
Uberflex is similar to flexzilla and it`s blue.

The problem with those hoses is the m22-14. I have m22-15 thread on my pump, you can make it work but i rather just buy 3/8 quick connect hose. Lot less connections and fittings.

Curioso
03-24-2021, 09:49 PM
I dont know about the tool daily hose, but workability and non-kinking is crucial in a pw hose for me. Washing with a crappy hose is not fun.

noorth
03-24-2021, 10:12 PM
I`m getting the kobrajet. The stock hose i have is horrible.

The tool daily hose looks like a very strong and durable hydraulic type hose. We have them on the ship. They won`t kink - to a point lol - but for sure heavier and not so flexible has the kobrajet.

Astouffer512
03-26-2021, 04:24 PM
Regardless of anyone’s opinion on OG I haven’t seen a better hose than the Kobrajet

noorth
03-26-2021, 06:57 PM
FYI: I found out the only difference between the kobrajet black or grey is non-marking.

Update: Here in Canada the black 50` korbajet with stainless steel 3/8 quick fittings is ~$87 USD. The tool daily is ~$63USD.

Coatings=crack
03-26-2021, 11:33 PM
FYI: I found out the only difference between the kobrajet black or grey is non-marking.

Update: Here in Canada the black 50` korbajet with stainless steel 3/8 quick fittings is ~$87 USD. The tool daily is ~$63USD.

Non marking? Doesn’t leave marks or get scuff marks?