PDA

View Full Version : Best OTC Leather cleaner & conditioner. GUARANTEED! PICS

joyriide1113
07-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Yes! there always is a great new product huh? Something that has just been discovered by some mistery company. Well this isn`t a mistery company. Its not even the most smiled upon.. Its a TURTLE WAX product...

Its Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. FOUND EVERYWHERE.
The regular 16oz. khaki bottle with a green sprayer (it could be black).

A month or so ago I saw a detail "SCOTTWAX" did that included him using it. The finish came out soo satiny and smooth. He himself admitted it was an undiscovered treasure.

So I picked it up that weekend after and have been suing it ever since on all leather interiors... It last a really long time. When I first applied it over a Lexol dressed part in my interior it immediatly changed the tone of the leather, and after it dried my leather felt softer than that of Zaino`s dressing. A month later it still has not chnaged. Leather feels perfectly soft and looks really nice (I do admit I have window tints that help in the durabilty and preservation of both my leather and its conditioner.).

Its cleaning ability is good when used with a folded towel and awesome when used with a PVA sponge... I had some greasy marks from last weekend (changed my oil) that Meg`s QID did not clean. This cleaned it with 2-3 scrubs.

Having used a lot of dressings that you guys may be familiar with I want to say that its less shinier than PB LS, Lexol, but a bit more than Zaino`s Dressing. I love it on my Black Leather.

Well here it is... A quick snap of the finish it leaves...Mind you I have uncoated leather and the results may vary if you apply it to coated leather..

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/JOYRIIDE1113/IMG_0823.jpg
This was supposed to be a quick hint, but turned into a mini review. :)

GregCavi
07-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Nice Job! I will pick some up if I ever run out of my leather products!

Greg

Jen@autogeek
07-29-2006, 02:30 PM
WoW! It looks great!

Sparkie
07-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Dose it have that new leather smell that Zaino has?

joyriide1113
07-29-2006, 04:28 PM
No. I`d call it unscented but some would say it is...

black bart
07-30-2006, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the tip I would have never thought TW would be recommended for anything. This spring I started using lexol and now my seats are showing signs of cracking. I started using megs and the seats are softer and looking better but not sure if I can keep from recovering them.
I don`t care what it smells like if it will protect the leather.
I will give the TW a try