PDA

View Full Version : What`s in your backyard?

Sizzle Chest
10-03-2020, 09:17 PM
https://photos.smugmug.com/Misc-pics-to-post/i-28wZzqX/0/7190f8d5/X4/IMG_1406-X4.png (https://autodermatology.smugmug.com/Misc-pics-to-post/i-28wZzqX/A)

Not that far from me...short drive away!

PA DETAILER
10-04-2020, 05:11 AM
:o

tom p.
10-04-2020, 08:02 AM
Whoa!! Now that`s a SNAKE !!

Billy Baldone
10-04-2020, 09:27 AM
That reminds me, I need to pick up pupper poops in my backyard

Sizzle Chest
10-04-2020, 09:49 AM
We have a real issue with these pythons down here. They have literally taken over as the top tier predator...most of the small wildlife, rabbits, raccoons, etc are being decimated. They are also eating deer and alligators. They grow to be monsters like the one I posted. I believe this one was 15-16 feet long. The record is around 18 feet long and just under 200 lbs.

Florida has a program to eradicate them, you get paid by the foot.

BudgetPlan1
10-04-2020, 11:23 AM
We have a real issue with these pythons down here. They have literally taken over as the top tier predator...most of the small wildlife, rabbits, raccoons, etc are being decimated. They are also eating deer and alligators. They grow to be monsters like the one I posted. I believe this one was 15-16 feet long. The record is around 18 feet long and just under 200 lbs.

Florida has a program to eradicate them, you get paid by the foot.[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Accumulator
10-04-2020, 02:20 PM
We have a real issue with these pythons down here. They have literally taken over as the top tier predator...They grow to be monsters...[so]...Florida has a program to eradicate them, you get paid by the foot.

Ah, so there`s a genuinely practical reason for killing `em, huh? OK, now I know :D Gotta admit I knee-jerked to "eh, why`d he shoot the thing?" :o

Bill D
10-04-2020, 02:29 PM
So glad the pythons haven`t come to my part of FL yet. I`ve had to deal with a poisonous snake that got into my living room in the middle of the night.

Accumulator
10-04-2020, 02:38 PM
I`ve had to deal with a poisonous snake that got into my living room in the middle of the night.

Yikes, a venomous snake I *would* put down ASAP! Though I`d hope to have time to get an air rifle...check out the exit wound on that Python..wouldn`t want *that* happening in the house.

Bill D
10-04-2020, 02:40 PM
I was able to use a broom to shoo it into a bucket, then I dumped it outside.

grungy
10-04-2020, 03:15 PM
He didn`t use a Colt Python to kill the python :( That`s a joke by the way

Serious issue in southern FL now

Sizzle Chest
10-04-2020, 03:30 PM
^^LOL! Those are collector`s items now!

Yeah, very serious issue here. Destroying all the native animals and peoples pets...a shame.

GearHead_1
10-04-2020, 03:33 PM
^^LOL! Those are collector`s items now!

Yeah, very serious issue here. Destroying all the native animals and peoples pets...a shame.Yes they are but Colt is producing the Stainless Python again. Arguably not the same, internals are different but looks very much the same.

https://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37484&stc=1

Lonnie
10-05-2020, 09:21 AM
And here I thought I `d see Sizzle Chest scraping off the slime from the skin, applying it to a Dodge Viper, and calling it "Snake Oil Coating". Better than graphene!

All joking aside, it is not "funny" when an invasive species takes over an ecosystem and destroys the animal or plant life in such ecosystems. Wisconsin has numerous invasive species: Plants its Purple Loose Strife; Animals its the Asian Carp , Zebra Mussel ,The Snakehead Fish, and Lampreys.

Accumulator
10-05-2020, 11:11 AM
He didn`t use a Colt Python to kill the python ..

And an Anaconda for those, and a Cobra for those (that`d be *some* shooting!), and then skin `em with an old Blackjack Black Mamba...Sorry, couldn`t resist :o

Serious issue in southern FL nowGuess so!

Colt is producing the Stainless Python again. Arguably not the same, internals are different..

Sounds like they`ve *FINALLY* improved that horrible Colt DA trigger.