PDA

View Full Version : Used Shelby Raptor. 1K Miles.. $100,000

PA DETAILER
08-31-2020, 03:08 PM
https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1FTFW1RG0KFC32550

GearHead_1
08-31-2020, 03:29 PM
WOW! Be interesting to see what the new TRX’s hit the market at and then cross your fingers, a SuperCharged V8 Raptor maybe. Heck that could be the reason he’s selling it. Can’t be the top dog forever.

Lonnie
08-31-2020, 04:34 PM
And here I thought, PA Detailer ,YOU were detailing this one-of-a-kind vehicle and had a full write-up about it. Somewhat "disappointed".

It a pretty Shelby Blue, but "only" a 3.5L V6, albeit a blue-printed hand-built twin-turbo engine making 525 HP and 610 lbs-ft of torque (YIKES!).
This the Baja off-road edition.

I thought Shelby made its own Street version of this truck, with a lowered body and DOT approved track-racing tires.

skibik
08-31-2020, 04:56 PM
Yikes, even if it had the V8 it isn`t worth that kind of money in my book. When they started putting V6`s in Raptors I thought it was sacrilege, kind of like 4 cylinders in the new Mustang`s and Camaro`s. But then that is JMO!

PA DETAILER
08-31-2020, 06:49 PM
OH MY! First i have heard of the TRX. Look`s like we have a new KING.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/17/ram-1500-trx-fiat-chrysler-unveils-702-horsepower-hellcat-pickup.html?ocid=uxbndlbing

Stokdgs
09-01-2020, 12:04 AM
WOW! Be interesting to see what the new TRX’s hit the market at and then cross your fingers, a SuperCharged V8 Raptor maybe. Heck that could be the reason he’s selling it. Can’t be the top dog forever.

Hey Friend !
Heck, I think he sold it because that little V6 could not pull all that weight.. :) Can`t believe they would sell it with that size motor..
I`ve Detailed a couple of these Raptors, oh wow, what a lot of real estate to paint correct!!
Dan F

GearHead_1
09-01-2020, 01:33 PM
Stokdgs, I’m not bad mouthing that Raptor engine in anyway shape or form. I own a couple of EcoBoost Bad Boys and the 3.5 TT rocks. A tune and the usual bolt ons will put significant HP to the pavement. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not talking about race, race kinda HP but for daily driver trucks and occasional towing they’re as good if not better than any 1/2 ton. I view my truck as a street rocket as pickups go with a little bullet under the hood and I’ve owned 10 second cars. That said, all else being equal, who wouldn’t want a Blown V8 instead of the V6 TT.

Back to your point, my truck takes me a long time to get all the way around a detail, there is a lot of paint there.

Stokdgs
09-01-2020, 03:03 PM
Stokdgs, I’m not bad mouthing that Raptor engine in anyway shape or form. I own a couple of EcoBoost Bad Boys and the 3.5 TT rocks. A tune and the usual bolt ons will put significant HP to the pavement. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not talking about race, race kinda HP but for daily driver trucks and occasional towing they’re as good if not better than any 1/2 ton. I view my truck as a street rocket as pickups go with a little bullet under the hood and I’ve owned 10 second cars. That said, all else being equal, who wouldn’t want a Blown V8 instead of the V6 TT.

Back to your point, my truck takes me a long time to get all the way around a detail, there is a lot of paint there.

Hermano -
I just read up on that Raptor - wow - they get 450hp from a V6!!!! Pretty hard to beat for that size engine..
But you`re right - how do you top that Hellcat 702HP brute???!!!
What did that ad say ? A T/Rex eats Raptors?? :)
Dan F

PA DETAILER
09-01-2020, 03:19 PM
Decent video covering all areas of the TRX...

https://youtu.be/A_qBvfwCMiU