PDA

View Full Version : what to do now

Pages : [1] 2

maurofc70
08-12-2020, 04:41 PM
Ok now the ceramic coating is done....any suggestion how to maintain the coating

Dragls
08-12-2020, 05:05 PM
This is the route I would go...

Shampoo-

Carpro reset or gyeon bathe+

Maintenance spray-

PA cosmic or HG
Kamikaze overcoat

The Guz
08-12-2020, 06:34 PM
What coating did you go with?

Dan
08-12-2020, 08:00 PM
A wash every few weeks.

If you bought a coating that suggests a maintenance product you didn’t buy a durable coating.

Coatings=crack
08-12-2020, 09:00 PM
This is the route I would go...

Shampoo-

Carpro reset or gyeon bathe+

Maintenance spray-

PA cosmic or HG
Kamikaze overcoat

I use these coatings more for bling than added protection. Cquk3 doesnt need help but i look at a maintenance spray as adding a wax to a sealant. Doesnt needed but the wax makes it looks better. PA products add a nice glow to my coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Oldz
08-13-2020, 01:42 AM
Wash with a quality auto wash and dry with TW Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax. Simple.

If you really want/need to boost coating properties, use Wolfgang Uber SIO2 coating wash.

Accumulator
08-13-2020, 11:45 AM
I too thought Coatings were supposed to do fine without anything other than washing.

BudgetPlan1
08-13-2020, 02:06 PM
I too thought Coatings were supposed to do fine without anything other than washing.
They do but I kinda look at it like using a foam cannon:
- 1. It can`t hurt
- 2. It`s fun

As long as it entertains me, I`ll keep on squirting :lol:

Is the difference it makes real or only in my mind? Fortunately, my mind don`t much care about any actual realities, rather only what it wants to do!

acuRAS82
08-13-2020, 02:41 PM
Sure they do. But would so many Autopians really coat their personal vehicles if it meant they’re not allowed to touch the paint with some sort of LSP for 18-36 months? Sounds agonizing.

maurofc70
08-13-2020, 03:16 PM
I used Blackfire pro ceramic coating black edition....it was easy to put on....they also have an applicator and suede. to apply coating

acuRAS82
08-13-2020, 05:04 PM
I used Blackfire pro ceramic coating black edition....it was easy to put on....they also have an applicator and suede. to apply coating
1 coat or 2? Was there much left in the bottle after?

The Guz
08-13-2020, 08:44 PM

You can keep it in the family and go with either of these.

Any car wash will do. I would consider CarPro Reset.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-sio2-sealant.html#.XzXru7sieEc

If you want something to spray and rinse

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-hydroseal.html#.XzXsJbsieEc

acuRAS82
08-13-2020, 09:04 PM
I second Guz’s CarPro Reset suggestion.

Here’s one additional consideration, it’s very light, impossible to streak and not very substantial but it will maintain the newer BF coating look I’m guessing.

maurofc70
08-14-2020, 10:37 AM
not sure if you received this reply before...Blackfire Pro ceramic coating black edition

Accumulator
08-14-2020, 11:09 AM
But would so many Autopians really coat their personal vehicles if it meant they’re not allowed to touch the paint with some sort of LSP for 18-36 months? Sounds agonizing.

Heh heh, sounds *perfect* to Yours Truly!

Budgetplan1- Heh heh, "fun"? "Entertaining?"

Oh yeah, sorry, lost my head for a moment there... that`s right...this is Autopia :o

..my mind don`t much care about any actual realities, rather only what it wants to do!

Ah, never woulda occurred to me..maybe that explains it :D